Detect active TAB of a 3rd party GUI

rudi

Hello,

Starting with This posting I can watch for a certain button with a (known button text) of some 3rd party EXE's GUI. (All contolls have Dynamic Control-IDs that will change)

But this seems wo work only, when the TAB "Betrieb" is the "currently active TAB" within this gui.

So now I'd like to get the control ID of that TAB and then to *DETECT*, if the required TAB "Betrieb" is the one currently active, so that I can controlclick() it, if it's not.

image.png.e1b2e9a1869e9e7d8a81edb895734852.png

The Autoit Window Info Tool crosshair always returns "WindowsForms10.SysTabControl32.app.0.1ca0192_r12_ad11" for all 4 tabs, no matter which one is the "Topmost Tab". And the UDF I refereneced on top doesn't find any control with the name "Betrieb".

Any suggestions appreciated, Rudi.

image.png

Edited by rudi

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• 2 months later...

Hi again,

still struggling with this task, have tried with _GUICtrlTab_FindTab() and _GUICtrlTab_SetCurFocus, but this seems to be the wrong approach?

The situation: There is an external application with 4 tabs, the first tab is named "Betrieb". On this tab there is a button, that can either be labeled "Jobserver beenden" or "Jobserver starten".

What I need is to activate the tab labeled "Betrieb". If this one is the active one, the posting I've referenced in my first posting this thread is working fine.

The screenshot show, that the Control IDs are dynamic, mostly different when the progam is terminated and started new, at least every time, we receive an updated, new version.

image.png.46e4466612756801c92def6179f05dd5.png

image.thumb.png.50753d65145abcdf9afd8fe1ce3294b7.png

image.png

Edited by rudi

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!