the windows does not receive the text sent

beiqi

Hello!

I want to use AutoIt to test some of my Windows application.

wenn ich start das control Script with embeded AutoIt functions under a GUI, I have

sometime problem with AutoIt Send("Hotkey"), for example, to activate a menuitem of my application after the start!

Maybe that is a problem with send message between two processes under Windows. Can you tell me if Send function uses send message or post message?

I need some hints or advice! And I hope someone has already an ad hoc solution :P

Thanks in advance!

Boostpy.

If you're trying to activate menus, just make sure you're sending the alt key, for example, to access the Tools, Options menu:

Send("!to")

This sends alt-t, then o.

Send sends text to the active window, so you might have to use WinActivate or WinWaitActive first.

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes

If you're trying to activate menus, just make sure you're sending the alt key, for example, to access the Tools, Options menu:

Send("!to")

This sends alt-t, then o.

Send sends text to the active window, so you might have to use WinActivate or WinWaitActive first.

Hello!

I have checked the active windows with WinWaitActive und AutoIt saw that windows is active, too. But after the send command, for example, the menuitem is not chosen!

BTW, If my script ist not started from a GUI, it works without failure!

Edited by beiqi