Script won't open...

Hello,

I'm new to scripting with autoIT (I mean, scripting at all)

And I'm trying to achieve something that (I assume) is extremely simple, but when I try to run the script, the icon just flash in my task bar and does not run. No error message.

Basically, I'm trying to have a script that would send CTRL+SHIFT+A when I press a hotkey (2 times) to adjust the PDF to page in edge. And another key would bring me back to the homepage (alt+HOME)

What I'm trying to achieve is to add these hotkey to a scanner program, so when I scan a QR code, it will bring me to the homepage (which is my IIS index with a search box for our internal files) and then adjust the PDF to the page. 

What is wrong with my script?

HotKeySet ("{F2}", "Resize")
HotKeySet ("^1", "Refresh")

Func Resize ()
   Send ( "^+a^+a", "" )
EndFunc

Func Refresh
      Send ( "!{HOME}" , "" )
   EndFunc

I tried many different combinations, used help files, tried examples (which worked great, no idea why) but my script does not work. 

Thanks!

• Developers

Your script ends right away because there is nothing there to execute. Look at while...wend in the helpfile.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Got it! That's what was missing.. Thank you! I love the way that you don't give the answer yet, but point out where to find it.

The only thing that seems to be bad is to repeat the CTRL+SHIFT+A. I tried 

Send ( "{^+a 2}", "" )

and

Send ( "+a^+a", "" )

The first one does not work at all, and the 2nd works, but only some times... (It will sometimes send 1 CTRL+SHIFT+A and sometimes 2)

Send ( "{" ^+a " 2}", "" )

While writing this, I tried 

But I got Send ("{" ^+^ ERROR on my line...

• Developers
4 minutes ago, Pudubat said:

Got it! That's what was missing.. Thank you! I love the way that you don't give the answer yet, but point out where to find it.

The only thing that seems to be bad is to repeat the CTRL+SHIFT+A. I tried 

Send ( "{^+a 2}", "" )

and

Send ( "+a^+a", "" )

The first one does not work at all, and the 2nd works, but only some times... (It will sometimes send 1 CTRL+SHIFT+A and sometimes 2)

Just read up in the helpfile on the proper syntax! The first one should be: 

Send ( "^+{a 2}")

The second:

Send ( "^+a^+a")

The third is wrong syntax as "a" is not a variable!

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I see the logic behind that. I assumed I wanted to do CTRL+SHIFT+A+CTRL+SHIFT+A but what I wanted to achieve was CTRL+SHIFT+A+A. I'm still working on it to make it works good. I'm pretty close to what I wanted. Thank you!

Now I have to work with the messy zebra123 scanner app to make my keybind works. (which is a pain)