AutoIt+Chrome WebDriver: Can automation be hidden?

AI123

With AutoIt+Chrome WebDriver I hadn't problems to automatically fill out fields at facebook. com with _WD functions.

But if I use AutoIt with the Chrome WebDriver to use _WD functions on another website where

I want to do uploads I get messages like this:

"unable to identify your browser"

And I have to solve a captcha to proceed.

And after each upload I have to solve a new captcha or I get a message that
it's impossible to upload furthermore at all.

There are no problems with the website without automation with AutoIt+Chrome WebDriver.

a)
Is there a Chrome browser integrated in the Chrome WebDriver (chromedriver.exe) that starts instead of my normal
Chrome browser if I use _WD functions to start a Chrome browser?

Because if I use _WD_Startup()/_WD_CreateSession()/_WD_Navigate() a chrome browser starts that isn't configured like my
normal Chrome browser. Or is my normal browser starting but with other settings (for example I have a bar with bookmarks if I start my normal browser but not on the browser that is started by the _WD functions).

b)
On a top bar of the browser that was started with _WD functions there is this text:

Chrome wird von automatisierter test software gesteuert
(Chrome is controlled by automated test software)

Is there an automation flag set in the Chrome browser that is started by _WD functions?
And can this been read by websites?

So in my case: Have I to do captchas because the Website detects a set automate flag
in my Chrome browser?

Is there a way to prevent this?

Is there a way for my to set such an automate flag to 0 although I'm using automation?

Or are there other ways to solve the problem that websites can detect automation is used
and can't be used properly therefore?

Edited by AI123

On 9/7/2019 at 2:03 PM, AI123 said:

Is there a Chrome browser integrated in the Chrome WebDriver (chromedriver.exe) that starts instead of my normal
Chrome browser if I use _WD functions to start a Chrome browser?

Because if I use _WD_Startup()/_WD_CreateSession()/_WD_Navigate() a chrome browser starts that isn't configured like my
normal Chrome browser

No... it's the same browser. It's just launching with a different profile. There's a way to specify the profile you'd like to use. Suggest that you search the other WD threads for examples posted by others.

On a top bar of the browser that was started with _WD functions there is this text:

Chrome wird von automatisierter test software gesteuert
(Chrome is controlled by automated test software)

Is there an automation flag set in the Chrome browser that is started by _WD functions?

Again... this has been covered in the other threads. Use the search function to locate the method to hide this notification.

So in my case: Have I to do captchas because the Website detects a set automate flag
in my Chrome browser?

Is there a way to prevent this?

Is there a way for my to set such an automate flag to 0 although I'm using automation?

Not sure on this one. Could be that there's some setting or pref that you could change that would address this issue. Suggest that you do some research on your own to try to gather more info.