Automate Macrium Reflect update

Docfxit

Yes, I tried it on my Windows 7 machine.  I seriously doubt that the results would be any different on one of my Windows 10 machines.

AutoIt v3.3.14.5

Edited by TheXman

On 11/30/2019 at 4:10 PM, Docfxit said:

I added Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0) ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client

It didn't solve my problem.  I must have something wrong in the logic.

@Docfxit, I agree with you that there is something wrong in the logic. [smile]. I think you were just trying to change too many things at once.

@TheXman had it all correct.

First, you are calculating all of your t-Dimensions in *absolute* screen coordinates. Since you recalculate your coordinates on each run, your lines get drawn in the correct place because you chose to call _WinAPI_DrawLine() with the desktop window handle; therefore, you are drawing using absolute screen coordinates.

Second, if you set the mouse to also use *absolute* screen coordinates:

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1) ;0=relative, 1=absolute(default), 2=client

... then your MouseMove() will always result in the same movement relative to the dialog and your line drawing, (since all of the pieces are using *absolute* coordinates now).

Note: Using *absolute* coordinates with the dialog and your line drawing, and then setting the MouseCoordMode to *relative* is what caused the MouseMove() to jump to different places, depending on where the dialog was on the screen.

Note: For some reason you have chosen to MouseMove() 50 pixels to the left and 232 pixels above the top-left corner of your line drawing .... I don't know your Macrium dialog size, etc. - that position could be off the dialog for all I can tell .... but it definitely leaves the mouse a good distance away from the line drawing.

Third, depending on what you are trying to do, there is also the possibility of choosing which screen coordinate system to utilize when using the pixel functions, (like PixelSearch()).

Opt("PixelCoordMode", 1) ;0=relative, 1=absolute(default), 2=client

Fourth, did you use Au3Info or some other screen color-picker to find the color of the pixel you want to search for on the Macrium dialog, or are you just guessing with 0xF0F0F0? If you know you have the correct color, you might want to move/expand your search box.

Finally .... either choose the same AutoIT mouse/pixel coordinate options and a compatible draw handle so that you can calculate all necessary screen coordinates from the same base .... or, have fun keeping track of "Who's on first?".

P.S. - @TheXman, am I correct in thinking that you were only referring to the fact that Au3Info gave you the correct window info with the Macrium dialog? Or did you fix Doc's code and run it successfully?

27 minutes ago, cbruce said:

P.S. - @TheXman, am I correct in thinking that you were only referring to the fact that Au3Info gave you the correct window info with the Macrium dialog? Or did you fix Doc's code and run it successfully?

@cbruce Yes, I was referring to the Macrium dialog coordinates using my own code to test it.  I did not attempt to use Docfxit's code. :)

Firstly there has to be a better way!

Before I would go coordinates and such I would much prefer keyboard strokes.

Before I would go keyboard strokes I would go control based.

Before I would go control based I would find a silent install.

I just downloaded it to test, I see the radio buttons have controls so not sure why you cant work with them.

Also, many .exe installers will extract to a temp directory where you will find a .msi installer.

PS - I am almost positive the silent install works just fine for this.

Malcrium.PNG

Edited by ViciousXUSMC