Autopad

CyberSlug

:DAutoPad is an attempt to create a usable text editor using only AutoGUI*.

It has the following features:

- New, Open, Save, Run

- Standard Hotkeys: Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+S, etc.

- Drag-and-drop of files into edit window

- Intellisense-like functionality ("AutoSense")

- Font and wordwrap options

- Status bar (tells row and column)

Known issues:

- AutoSense integration needs a little work

- Ctrl+A (see below)

- Documentation is lacking

*For version 0.1, a custom build of AutoGUI was required. It includes one additional function

AutoPad is unfinished, but I'm posting because I need help/ideas regarding the following:

1) Toggling word wrap. Please see this post

2) Edit--Fixed Ctrl+A only works if I set a HotKey; but I have the hotkey perform Send("{AppsKey}a") which results causes problems..... Try pressing Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C WITHOUT lifting up on the Ctrl key in between :huh2:

3) Any ideas how to implement Find when wordwrap is enabled? Edit: Should be possible now with GUISendMsg

Please backup of any files you decide to edit with AutoPad! (Also, trying to make sense of my poorly encapsulated code might drive you crazy :))***

Screenshot:Posted Image

Download AutoPad Here

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

More than promising,Posted Image

I think to manage this missing function for specific control I will add GuiWriteMsg and GuiReadMsg(controlref,iMsg,wparam,lparam) and remove for instance the reuse of state in GuiSetControlEx for Progress contro that make not usable of the hiding of a progress control.

What do you think?

Edited by jpm

I think to manage this missing function for specific control I will add GuiWriteMsg and GuiReadMsg(controlref,wparam,lparam) and remove for instance the reuse of state in GuiSetControlEx for Progress contro that make not usable of the hiding of a progress control.

yeah that would help alot. you could use those functions to help buld a clip library, and syntax editing, and etc...

I think to manage this missing function for specific control I will add GuiWriteMsg and GuiReadMsg(controlref,wparam,lparam) and remove for instance the reuse of state in GuiSetControlEx for Progress contro that make not usable of the hiding of a progress control.

:D I don't understand. But you are smart, so it must be a good idea :huh2:

Other notes I forgot to mention:

- Feature: Indenting a block of selected text is availalble. Coming soon are un-indenting (Shift+Tab) and commenting out a block.

- The tray icon is only for debug purposes

- I know I should use GuiWrite instead of ControlCommand, and I should use symbolic constants instead of hard-coded numbers

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

CS he musta seen what you are doing and likes it, so i guess you musta spawned some new ideas for jpm... i wonder where this will be going when you are done... not talking about the project you are doing right now wondering where gui aspect is gonna go. cannot wait and find out... :D may make things more intresting for ya huh CS?

It seems that the EM_SETSEL Message would help with Find.

I finally figured out what jpm meant--and it sounds good to me :D

I don't know how much time I will have to actively Develop AutoPad--I'm doing it for fun and to test out the new GUI features--but let me know of any features want. I'll see what I can do.

It seems that the  EM_SETSEL Message would help with Find.

I finally figured out what jpm meant--and it sounds good to me :huh2:

I don't know how much time I will have to actively Develop AutoPad--I'm doing it for fun and to test out the new GUI features--but let me know of any features want.  I'll see what I can do.

Glad, :D

Just a question do you need EM_GETSEL?

I only plan to have GuiSendMsg which is OK for your EM_SETSEL or other Msg which is OK for the Msg returning a value or not.

I plan to do a GuiRecvMsg for those returning a string in lParam and that's all because the type of the Wparam or Lparam will be too complex.

Guest rathore

earlier scripts were written in editors...now editors r being written in scripts!... where's the world heading??!!

seriously, great work!

ok heres a question for you... when i use the AutoPad it does something that makes me not be able to use it then has a flashing red x over the tree in the task bar and when i hold my mouse over it is says

(Paused)AutoPad.exe

Line: sleep(100) ; Do not max-out the CPU!

What do i do about this, it does it almost every time i use the program.

ok heres a question for you... when i use the AutoPad it does something that makes me not be able to use it then has a flashing red x over the tree in the task bar and when i hold my mouse over it is says .....

Pausing is a feature of AutoIt (not AutoPad), so it seems you are clicking on the tray icon. If you right-click the tray icon you should get the option of unchecking "Script Paused" or choosing "Exit."

I'll have a new version to post sometime. :D (I'm currently redesigning how Save/Save As works because I have a lot of redundant code.) SciTE is my text editor of choice for writing AutoIt/AutoGUI scripts--and I really don't "use" AutoPad, so I appreciate your testing.

New version uploaded. Only small changes, but I increased the version number to 0.2 because:

With the addition of GUIRecvMsg in autoit-gui.102.17, I re-coded some functions so that AutoPad can be compiled with jpm's official beta GUI relase. Another benefit was that the "Ctrl+A issue" could be solved.

Also, you can comment out a block of selected code by simply pressing the semicolon (:huh2: key. Such a block comment can be undone by pressing Shift+SemiColon.

I also hide the tray icon by default now.

BUG NOTES:

- When selecting text, the row/column in the status bar will not update quite right..... I should get this fixed soon.

- There seems to be a new (or old?) problem with AutoSense sometimes capitalizing the wrong tooltip parameter. Also, the tooltip currently stays on top if you minimize AutoPad or switch windows....

- There is at least one more bug that I can't remember right now :D

Edited by CyberSlug