Sign in to follow this  
caffeineowl

Question on window text matching

Context: having a wizard-like sequence of windows, all with the same title (say: "The mighty wizard"), each with a similar content (e.g. Back, Next, Exit btns). Problem is the moment in which the same text appears:

a. on one window as the text of a button etc (like "ReadMe file")

b. on another window I have the same text as a static text (label)

For the moment, I still can find specific differences in the window texts, but since there are more than 2 such windows:

1. I have to carry an analysis to determine the actual unique "feature" of each window - spending effort in staring to windows (moving "back" and "next") instead of thinking of all situation I have to test the application

2. the texts I found as uniquelly identifying a window may carry no (or not enough) significance (for a human reader) when reading the script (e.g. me... revisiting the script... after two weeks... hmm.. better invest now some more effort in writing comments).

Is there a mean of specifying something like

"Match a window carrying this text (on some control) - which is unique but void of significance - together (but on another control) with that text - which is meaningful but not necessary unique"?

Or something like mode 4 for matching win titles, saying "window contains a control of ClassNameNN with text being xyz"?

Many thanks.

Have you taken a look at ControlCommand('Title of Window', 'Text of Control', 'ClassNameNN', 'IsVisible', '') ? Also, search out LxP's name and look in his signature, he has a UDF that catches differences in the ClassNameNN that you may be able to MOD to you likeing.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Have you taken a look at ControlCommand('Title of Window', 'Text of Control', 'ClassNameNN', 'IsVisible', '') ? ...

Nice idea, never thought about (but again, 1 week of putting AutoIt into use doesn't make me an expert). Many thanks.

Cheers

No problem... at least you had common sense on A:) What to look for and B:) How to ask for help so someone could see your 'Specific' issue. Welcome to the forums!!

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.