Copy from window

I am trying for browser automation using robot framework with selenium library imported into it. We have multi factor authentication enable for our application. We use RSA token to generate token which is used to authenticate users. I am trying to autoit tool to automate token part of automation. Below are steps which i am trying to automate using autoit tool-

Step 1- open RSA token application

Step 2 - enter password into application

Step3 - copy 6 digit passcode into clipboard

Step 4 - import it into robot framework to authenticate

I am able to do first 2 steps. I am unable to copy passcode into clipboard. Below is my code-

Global $token
Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Software Token\SecurID.exe")
WinWaitActive("000403036096 - RSA SecurID Token")
Send("******")
WinWaitActive("000403036096 - RSA SecurID Token")
Send("{Enter}")
$token = WinActivate("000403036096 - RSA SecurID Token")
ControlSend($token,"","","^"&"c")
MsgBox(0,$token,ClipGet())

Attached with this is end result. Please help me on this . Stuck at this step for days.

securid.JPG

• Moderators

"Your" security token password shouldn't need to be copied, especially as an individual or a company.  All passwords are known to their administrators.  I'm having a very hard time logically trying to figure out a legitimate reason for retrieving and or storing other peoples token passwords?  If it were legitimate, there'd be no need to copy a password, it would be provided by the end user for you.  Can you step by step explain why you need such a thing?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I totally agree with this point. Password should not be hard coded in any script. However our requirement is to have end to end automation(even credentials should not have to entered) and this testing will be done only by myself. Even if i am not using token to authenticate, i have to give my normal password in selenium script. In above script , i am trying to copy 6 digit passcode into notepad and then use that notepad in selenium to authenticate. I am not able to copy it into notepad. Kindly help.

• Developers

Let's stick to the rules we have in our forum and not support any security bypass requests.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic