RocketLaunch

FuryCell

Here is a program I made called RocketLaunch. It makes finding items in your startmenu easier by letting you query though them. Attached is a zip plus some screenshots. The zip contains the compiled exe , the source, and a documentation file. (It can also be viewed online http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/SolidSnake/Documentation.html). Please let me know what you think of it.

Edit:Changed About Box to reflect my new email address. (Previous downloads:134)

RocketLaunch092.zip

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Here is a program I made called RocketLaunch. It makes finding items in your startmenu easier by letting you query though them. Attached is a zip plus some screenshots. The zip contains the compiled exe , the source, and a documentation file. (It can also be viewed online http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/SolidSnake/Documentation.html). Please let me know what you think of it.

Nice idea! o:) But Microsoft beat you to this one :lmao: , or at least in their latest build of Windows Vista. But you can still be the XP King ;)

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

Nice idea! o:) But Microsoft beat you to this one :lmao: , or at least in their latest build of Windows Vista. But you can still be the XP King ;)

well, sry but f*** msVISTA!!! they are incredibly lame. they just copy all the cool apps of mac OS X!

how pathetic is that?

the answer is simple: it's micro$oft!

AND you need the best/fastest PC to run vista, 'cause of all the visuals.

apple did the same thing long ago, and it works on a simple G4...

anyway...

Edited by rakudave

cool, I didn't know that a mac has cool features like that.

SolidSnake, I like this app :lmao: - and I got some ideas for enhancements.

On the one hand I would like to have a hotkey (like rakudave's QuickGold), e.g. win + space to start RocketLaunch.

RocketLaunch should be started in the tray, menus like 'Options' or 'About' should be in a tray-menu - I like things with a minimalistic & slim appearance.

The RocketLaunch-Window itsself should be a small window without a titlebar (so no $WS_CAPTION), only the edit-control with a small icon left of it - your rocket-icon instead of 'Query' - its sure that the edit is for the query and giving an icon gives you the place to move the small window (as no window-titlebar is there) - the window-position should be saved.

Maybe double-clicking at the icon (or ctrl + click (or whatever) at that place) can be used for regenerating SDB, options or ...

'Regenerating SDB' could also have a hot-key, which is active if the RocketLaunch-window (the edit etc.) is visible.

The window is closed (made unvisible) by pressing escape (esc) if visible and selecting close/exit/quit in the tray to quit the whole app - so no quit-button is needed.

The results are shown by using the dropdown-box (like now) directly under the edit-control, up- and down-keys should change the dropdown-box-selection.

Maybe its worth about introducing a launch-counter, so that the possible-dropdown-entries with the most launches will be available as first selection - if so, there has to be a 'clear launch-counter'-button - just an idea. If so, after regenerating the SDB old counts have to be taken over - I didn't have a look if you are really creating a new one or if you are deleting and adding some entries; if creating a new one there will exist two SDBs between regenerating. I don't know if the whole idea is really worth using, maybe typing and using up/down will be fast enough, at least after been used to work with RocketLaunch.

The 'regenerated SDB'-info-window in the options (after pressing the 'regenerate SDB now'-button) should have a 1sec- or 2sec-timeout - I don't need this info at all...

Keep up the good work ;)

greets,

sPeziFisH

Thanks all for the replies.

@RakuDave

The GUI for QuickGold is awesome. ;)

@Flaxcrack

Yeah. Yeah looks like MS beat me :lmao: but as you said this might be useful for all of the people who useful XP or lower.

@sPeziFisH

You have a lot of good ideas. I will hopefully implement some of them in the next version of RocketLaunch. I especially like the idea of having RL have a hotkey to pop up its window and having a tray icon with menu. o:)

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

thanks!

all u need is winsettrans and call a dll, w8, it's called "user32.dll"

DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $mainGUI, "int", 200, "long", 0x00040010)

Thanks for the info.