AutoIt v3.3.15.1 Beta

Jon

• Administrators

For the Win10 slowdown workaround I've purposely tuned it very aggressively so that if your existing code suddenly slows down or doesn't react to user input it will be easier to see. Please report such issues here. Once I'm happy that the workaround isn't having unintended side-effects I'll tune it normally.

• Jon featured and pinned this topic

..if anyone can make a test script to showcase, I can run it in a few different scenarios ( hardware / speed wise ), from very slow hardware to fast hardware and speed up testing.
I don't code the GUI script testing, because I don't know the issues. But if such script is available, I'll run it everywhere and post results.

As is, I have no complains. Nice performance.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Tried some of my scripts with the new beta. No problems so far, even a little bit faster as it seems.

Can't say anything to the original problem since I never noticed it.

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

• Administrators

For info, scripts that are most likely to show issues are GUI scripts that are using OnEvent mode. Scripts using GUIGetMsg in a loop bypass the changes I made so are not likely to have any issues. 

On 5/10/2020 at 6:41 AM, argumentum said:

..if anyone can make a test script to showcase, I can run it in a few different scenarios ( hardware / speed wise )

If you are still willing to test, you can test my GUI oriented program ProxAllium, which is made in 100% AutoIt and it only uses OnEvent based code, so it should be a good specimen :) 

I am busy with other things right now (which also includes the re-write of the said program in C) and I don't have a Windows machine handy, otherwise I would have done the tests myself. Thanks @argumentum for offering to test.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

8 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

If you are still willing to test, you can test my GUI

I have a script I use daily with over 200 GUICtrlSetOnEvent() plus on the fly creations, so 250 give or take. So your GUI is not a tester, nor is mine.

I'm asking for a fault searching script I can run on all type of computer ( from clients ) to reproduce known or potential problems. Something automated that I can post results/logs from. That type of script.
But I'm not in the MVP so, other than offer to run a tester/debugger, I'm not the one to code such script, nor are you.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

@argumentum I apologize, it looks like I mistook what you meant by "I don't code the GUI script testing" as "I don't have any GUI OnEvent scripts".

2 hours ago, argumentum said:

I'm not the one to code such script, nor are you.

No offense, but I can probably make such a script to test the faulty parts that Jon has applied patches to, unfortunately I am currently busy with other stuff so I have little time to spare :(

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Jon unfeatured and unpinned this topic