HurleyShanabarger

[Solved] SciTE / User abbreviation - (Moved)

Posted (edited)

I was lucky enough to learn about the abbreviation feature after almost 14 years of using AutoIt trough this thread:

I tried to use the user feature, but I guess I am doing a mistake. The following files have been created, but if I type cwrgui nothing happens.

image.thumb.png.909d6a0b04579e26a67ac67e35b2594a.png

Am I missing something obvious here?

Edited by HurleyShanabarger

1 minute ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Moved to the appropriate forum.

Moderation Team

Thanks for that and I do not mean to be cocky, but I thought that the "Technical Discussion" forum is for "Technical discussions, betas, editors, help file, add-on tools, etc"?

It is, and whether this is a general support question or a "technical discussion" could be open to interpretation. However, as it appears to be a problem you are having and want assistance with, and as moving it here will put many more sets of eyes on it, I think it makes sense. 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Did you close and restart SciTE? When I add new function tips, they don't appear until I restart the program

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts

HurleyShanabarger,

As you have the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package installed , why not use the Abbreviation Manager you can find under <SciTEConfig - Other Tools> to create your abbreviations. This is after all why I wrote it!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

16 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

why not use the Abbreviation Manager you can find under <SciTEConfig - Other Tools>

If you use the Abbreviation Manager, which I do, make sure to fix the bug that occurs when you use the pipe symbol ("|") to set the cursor's position.  Otherwise, it may corrupt your abbreviation properties file.

TheXman,

That is fixed in the latest Beta from Jos - promise!

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

On 6/2/2020 at 7:19 PM, Melba23 said:

HurleyShanabarger,

As you have the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package installed , why not use the Abbreviation Manager you can find under <SciTEConfig - Other Tools> to create your abbreviations. This is after all why I wrote it!

M23

I tried this way and it did not bring the expected result.

After that I checked the files that you can see in the screenshots, so there was not really manual work involved.

So far it is not working for new abbreviations, but if I use the program to overwrite an existing one, this is working.

HurleyShanabarger,

I see you have a "|" character in the abbreviation - have you downloaded and replaced the current file with the Beta version of Abbrev Manager to which I linked above?

M23

Spoiler

Yes, I was using the mentioned beta version. I just uninstalled AutoIt / SciTe and reinstalled everything and it started working.

Not sure what the issue was, as I recently reinstalled windows and everything from scratch.