Unable to run AutoIt exe on client PC

Hello,

I have created a script and complied the same to an .exe file. The file runs fine in my system (64-bit), and the client has simlar configuration.

The script exe did run but only partly in client's machine. I have further tried adding MsgBox after each line of code; and was able to identify the script starts executing, runs another application (through Run() command), however does not respond on below LOC (nothing happens further):

Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.33c0d9d]", "")

I'm a newbie in AutoIt and appreciate support.

Edited by gtrotter

• Moderators

So it tells you that the script comes to the point of waiting for the window to appear and then never finds it. You should always include a timeout for WinWait, to avoid just such an issue. 

I am assuming the Window itself appears? If so, I would suggest using the AutoIt Window Info tool to look at the window properties on the client machine to give you an idea where the discrepancy may be. You may need to add additional info, such as visible text, in order to identify the window.

Let us know what the Window Info Tool reports back, and we can assist from there.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!