Newbie needs help - ExcelCopy/WebsitePaste/Download

Hello all!  I've decided I needed to learn autoit to assist in some of my repetitive work tasks.  I don't have much coding experience and REALLY need your help...

I am trying to make a multistep auto to do the following things:

1. Open an Excel sheet targeting worksheet 1.

2. Copy text in D1 & Copy text from E1

3. Open a chrome website

4. Paste the text from D1 to searchbox1

5. Paste the test from E1 to searchbox2

6. Press Search

7. Either zero or a number of documents will be shown for the search query.  Each result has a "View Image" link.

8. Click on "View Image" for document 1.  Click the download icon and press save to the location already designated in save box.

9. Press the back to previous webpage button and repeat "View Image", download, save, on the remainder of the documents, then click the "New Search" button.

10. Go back to Excel sheet and repeat step 2 on D2 & E2.

11. Repeat steps 3-9

12. Repeat step 10 until we reach the end of columns D & E where there is no text.

Summary: 

I need a script to copy data from Column D & Column E in Excel and input this data into a google chrome website search from a website.  The results of the search need to be downloaded and saved.  This task needs to be repeated for over 500 lines on an excel sheet to download 500+ documents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Developers

Nice lengthy and  formatted post, but there is no real AutoIt3 question in it unless you are expecting someone to start some coding for you without any real details.
So to remain generic: Have a look at the _Excel_* UDF's available to see what it is they all can do for you to help to solve your challenge.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)