AutoItX slow working after Windows 10 upgrade

poddex

I think you may have got the two faulty windows update patches for November that Microsoft say has been fixed in the later release. One has delays and doesn't release resources, and the other trashes your drive with chkdsk.

Maybe do a Windows update next week after patch Tuesday and report if the issue still exists.

Basically if you reinstall windows and don’t install Eset, I am betting that everything will be super fast. It’s not any better than what’s built into windows. in fact the security built into windows is superior so you no longer need to spend money on a crappy product. At this point if you don’t reinstall windows clean and I mean clean you don’t have a prayer at figuring this out

At best anyone here is guessing and with windows it’s a needle in the haystack. That’s the last time I’m going to tell you this so have fun

The fact that you also use ccleaner tells me that your windows it’s probably royally messed up because that is one big pile of garbage that screws up more windows than anyone could imagine

Don’t need it and it should never be used I repeat it should never be used. Do a clean install of windows. Don’t install any junk applications like the ones we mentioned and you should be just fine

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366/

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 6:43 AM, Earthshine said:

Don’t need it and it should never be used I repeat it should never be used. Do a clean install of windows. Don’t install any junk applications like the ones we mentioned and you should be just fine

This method looks as a sledgehammer strike, I do this later, when all other methods will not help me.

Haven't enough time, will update Windows soon to the latest, maybe it helps, like Confuzzled tell.

Can confirm the Microsoft Windows January 2021 patches are supposed to fix the problems I mentioned in my last post.

Try them and see if it cures your AutoITX issue as well.

Let us know how you go.

Updated 20H2 today. Nothing happens. Tomorrow will reinstall AutoIt and try to update my framework worked with it. Maybe problem inside it, but I'm confused - 1807 had no problems. Fu***g amazing Windows 10 updates 😃

I updated framework to the latest. I reinstalled AutoIt. Nothing happens. But...I found strange thing.

When I try code like this

ObjectAutoIt=New COMObject("AutoItX3.Control");
ObjectAutoIt.AutoItSetOption("WinTextMatchMode",2);
        While ObjectAutoit.WinExists(WindowHeader) Cycle 
            ObjectAutoIt.WinClose(WindowHeader);
        EndCycle;

All is fine!!!!!!

But when I change code to (for finding in a text description of window....)

ObjectAutoIt=New COMObject("AutoItX3.Control");
ObjectAutoIt.AutoItSetOption("WinTextMatchMode",2);
        While ObjectAutoit.WinExists("",WindowHeader) Cycle 
            ObjectAutoIt.WinClose("",WindowHeader);
        EndCycle;

The problem begins.

What is that???

I want close ALL windows related to a current  project's window. There is a little string (like "1234" inside window text explained what folders and windows related to the current project's window. But statement ObjectAutoit.WinExists(WindowHeader) doesn't find all window text, only ObjectAutoit.WinExists("",WindowHeader)  finds. But in Windows 10 above 1807 this statement causes a delay! 

I put my code in Scite like this

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",2)
While WinExists("","4514")
    WinClose("","4514")
WEnd

And it works fine, no delays. Though, I thinks that it's an AutoItX problem caused by new Windows updates.

Edited by poddex

• 2 years later...