Remember the days when you couldn't run AutoIT on MAC?

Kovacic

Not sure if this has been covered recently, but thanks to Wine, and some other software which I wont mention without the approval of an admin, AutoIT on a Mac is now a thing. I have years worth of code and dozens of applications I wrote in the past that I had to let go of, and no time to learn new programming languages after I moved to a Mac out of necessity. 

I can happily say I'm back.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07.png

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wine is great, it emulates most of the WinAPI, a god sent for us Linux Gamers who want to play Windows games :D

@argumentum Don't think it is XQuartz, it is a legit software and it is not related to AutoIt. Perhaps they used a decompiler somewhere? :think:

@Kovacic Can you atleast tell us why this "other software" is required? AutoIt works out of the box in wine for me, no additional software required.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

8 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

XQuartz, it is a legit software and it is not related to AutoIt.

Maybe is unity, go figure. He may have started by playing PC games in a Mac and games goes against forum policy :D
WineBottler maybe ?

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

16 hours ago, argumentum said:

Maybe is unity, go figure. He may have started by playing PC games in a Mac and games goes against forum policy :D

LOL, maybe :lol:

16 hours ago, argumentum said:

Might be, that video does show the cursed fork of AUT, pretty sure that is illegal around these parts :muttley:

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

On 9/8/2020 at 5:45 AM, TheDcoder said:

Wine is great, it emulates most of the WinAPI, a god sent for us Linux Gamers who want to play Windows games :D

@argumentum Don't think it is XQuartz, it is a legit software and it is not related to AutoIt. Perhaps they used a decompiler somewhere? :think:

@Kovacic Can you atleast tell us why this "other software" is required? AutoIt works out of the box in wine for me, no additional software required.

I would not say its "required" but it adds a GUI to wine, and gives added benefits. I guess its probably not against the rules. Its called CrossOver. Its a GUI slapped ontop of wine with a few extra features.

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Kovacic Oh, that's interesting... I thought CrossOver was just the commercial version of Wine :). Were you not able to run GUI applications in Wine without CrossOver?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 3:42 AM, TheDcoder said:

LOL, maybe :lol:

Might be, that video does show the cursed fork of AUT, pretty sure that is illegal around these parts :muttley:

Searching the forum for “cursed fork” (as well as “wicked branch” , “sinister split” and “banned bifurcation”) returns little information.  

Can you provide more detail?  Unless you deem it unwise :)

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

@JockoDundee In olden times, AutoIt was open-source and inevitably there were some forks, which one of them has gained immense popularity over the years, more info can be found on the Wikipedia page for AutoIt ;)