AuTO IT script not working when server is disconnected or minimised

learner123

Hi All,

I am new to this AUTO IT and I have created a script that will open an app,enter pin and copy the code generated to clipboard. My java code call this autoIT script and use the copied generated code from clipboard.

This works fine when server  window is on focus. My server is an windows server. 

But when I minimize or disconnect the server, the script opens the app.exe but doesn't copy any value to clipboard.  

Can anyone help me on this 😐

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Software Token\SecurID.exe")
Local $hWnd=WinWait("abc - RSA SecurID Token") ; waits until the window is the active window
$hWin = WinGetHandle("abc - RSA SecurID Token");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","1111") ; simulates pressing the Home key
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","{ENTER}");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");
Sleep(1000) ;
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","^c");

@Earthshine

Hi Earthshine,

So there is a RSA app located in my server that generates a token number after we enter a password in it and I need this token number in my java code. 

So since this opening of RSA, entering password and copying generated code involves keyboard interaction, I have used AuTOIT . 

After copying is done code resides in clipboard and I retrieve this clipboard value in my java code and use it.

I am new to automation so let me know if you have any other suggestion to achieve this functionality, i will look into it.

How is this different from your earlier thread? Also, have you checked the forum rules to be sure that you aren't breaking them? Specifically --

Forum Posting

1. Do not ask for help with AutoIt scripts, post links to, or start discussion topics on the following subjects:

• Bypassing of security measures

10 minutes ago, learner123 said:

How is my question bypassing security measures?

Maybe because it is almost identical to the topic below, which got locked.

3 minutes ago, TheXman said:

Maybe because it is almost identical to the topic below, which got locked.

@TheXman

So In my project we are creating an application which is used to test the accessibility of many of our client's sites. we check if we are able to reach the URL, open the URL using credential and check some data inside those URL.

So there is one app within which many URL are present which we need to check and to access this application it requires RSA token as password . So we have created a script for it. 

There's no need to explain anything to me.  😃  I'm neither a Moderator nor a MVP (like Danp2).   I just offered an explanation as to why there may be some hesitancy in assisting you at this point.  As Danp2 said, if a Moderator says it is okay, then I'm sure that someone will try to help.

Edited by TheXman

• Moderators

The entire point of an RSA token is to mitigate security risks. To think that the software/systems owner would be okay with you bypassing it is simply foolish. If you have permission from the application owner to bypass their token, in writing, feel free to PM it and we'll review. Until that time, however, we will not support this (or the other) thread on this subject.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!