Can autoit exe work on other computer without downloading?

• Developers
1 minute ago, GokAy said:

I believe discussions about this part is against forum rules. It should be possible, however you will need to search for it elsewhere.

No it is not since @rudi adds  the master source as extra file in the PE header with that command and this obviously isn't possible with a3x as there is no PE header. :) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos

Okay, it's a pitty, but thanks for pointing that out

master source as extra file in the PE header with that command and this obviously isn't possible with a3x as there is no PE header

But maybe there is an option to put the script source as a "TXT-suffix-behind-the-end-of-valid-AX3-content", so that it (the source) will not be interpreted when executing the AX3 code?

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Developers
3 minutes ago, rudi said:

@Jos

But maybe there is an option to put the script source as a "TXT-suffix-behind-the-end-of-valid-AX3-content", so that it (the source) will not be interpreted when executing the AX3 code?

Think about this for a little longer and I am sure you can answer this question yourself. ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I did ask this question, as it looks like that the A3X files always end with the Characters 

AU3!EA06

Well, I recognized, that it *IS* possible to copy the source code to the end of the A3X file (as a file suffix), and the A3X file still can be executed using Autoit3.exe

But I have no clue, if this is a stable approach to be used in general

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_type=a3x
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
; this is some comment line

MsgBox(0, '', "waiting",5)
MsgBox(0, '', "done")

image.png.9897d12c671e0bd55c9ad08f380c11ef.png

• Developers
Just now, rudi said:

But I have no clue, if this is a stable approach to be used in general

The simple answer is that we will never support screwing around with the generated tokenized sourcecode so is the answer "no".
Get yourself a simple Github account or setup a local SVN library and perform some proper source versioning is the appropriate answer. :) 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The question was not, If the Autoit team is going to *SUPPORT* this approach.

more precisely:

Does the string "AU3!EA06" terminate the A3X interpreter activity at the position it's found in an A3X file?

6 minutes ago, Jos said:

Get yourself a simple Github account or setup a local SVN library and perform some proper source versioning is the appropriate answer. :) 

I fully agree with @Jos !

However, I can confirm from my own tests, that content written after the finalization sequence AU3! EA06 will be ignored by the interpreter.

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers
15 minutes ago, rudi said:

Does the string "AU3!EA06" terminate the A3X interpreter activity at the position it's found in an A3X file?

I think I did answer that question:

15 minutes ago, rudi said:

the Autoit team is NOT going to *SUPPORT* this approach.

So: No Comment. ;) 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
7 minutes ago, Musashi said:

However, I can confirm from my own tests, that content written after the finalization sequence AU3! EA06 will be ignored by the interpreter.

Are you sure this is future proof? 

Guys seriously: Stop Screwing around with this kind of stuff please as this is more a hacking discussion than anything else so will close this thread if this is the only thing left to discuss

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked this topic