ReleaseDC(m_hWndGUITab,hDC);

Why this code set always ncolor to -1 the Handle is a tab control? :D

Thanks for the help

Hi JP,

maybe this one from MSDN says why:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.....setbkcolor.asp

CTabCtrl::SetBkColor

Remarks

The SetBkColor and GetBkColor member functions are not valid for class CTabCtrl. These member functions are not implemented in MFC because the underlying Windows 95 TCM_SETCOLOR message was not implemented.

JP, I searched MSDN library for "TCM_SETCOLOR" and it turned up 2 results, both saying what Holger posted. I also searched in Visual Studio for TCM_SETCOLOR and it couldn't find the symbol. I don't know exactly how much stock I would put in an example from MFC, but I would recommend first searching CodeProject.com and if you can't find anything there, search the web.

JP, I searched MSDN library for "TCM_SETCOLOR" and it turned up 2 results, both saying what Holger posted.  I also searched in Visual Studio for TCM_SETCOLOR and it couldn't find the symbol.  I don't know exactly how much stock I would put in an example from MFC, but I would recommend first searching CodeProject.com and if you can't find anything there, search the web.

Thanks Valik,

I am not use to codeproject but I will have a try.

Holger or CyberSlug point me to the whole stuff to paint the tab control in fact it is only painting the tabs names but that a lot of code for small impact.

I just want to manage the may the color for control created for a tab fit with the tab default background color.

@jpm: is it possible (somehow) to 'paint' a rectangle with the backgroundcolor over the tab-control?

Like if you write an empty label-control over the false-colored area...

But after that the added tabs should be visible...

I don't know...a big MS-logical problem I think... I don't know if other programming-languages has this feature...

@jpm: is it possible (somehow) to 'paint' a rectangle with the backgroundcolor over the tab-control?

Like if you write an empty label-control over the false-colored area...

But after that the added tabs should be visible...

I don't know...a big MS-logical problem I think... I don't know if other programming-languages has this feature...

Thanks,

That's a solution I first use for painting before Larry and Valik found more basic way to do it perhaps I will came back to the tabitem being a control with color attribute. That's not solving the gray left top corner.