Are there any computer settings that cause AutoIT to run weirdly slow?

One of my friends is running a script that is behaving bizarrely slow.  Same thing works fine on many other computers and I suspect it's some kind of configuration error but I'm not sure what it could be.  Are there any known compatibility settings or windows configuration things that causes AutoIt to run much slower than it should?

-jasty

• Developers

yes.

...  but you have to show the script and/or tell us what is does before you can get any serious answer. ;)  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It's a plugin I made that uses NomadMemory.au3 to read / write to the memory of another process and can create remote threads and wait for them to finish.  This is the thread code.   Must be some big delay in spinning up the remote thread?

This is the injection code.

Func InjectCode($OPcode, $processHandle)
    ;Allocate memory for the OpCode and retrieve address for this
    $functionAddress = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'VirtualAllocEx', 'int', $processHandle, 'ptr', 0, 'int', 100, 'int', 0x1000, 'int', 0x40)
        ;Construct the OpCode for calling the function
        ;Put the OpCode into a struct for later memory writing
    $vBuffer = DllStructCreate('byte[' & StringLen($OPcode) / 2 & ']')
    For $loop = 1 To DllStructGetSize($vBuffer)
        DllStructSetData($vBuffer, 1, Dec(StringMid($OPcode, ($loop - 1) * 2 + 1, 2)), $loop)
    Next
        ;Write the OpCode to previously allocated memory
    DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'WriteProcessMemory', 'int', $processHandle, 'int', $functionAddress[0], 'int', DllStructGetPtr($vBuffer), 'int', DllStructGetSize($vBuffer), 'int', 0)
        ;Create a remote thread in order to run the OpCode
    $hRemoteThread = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'CreateRemoteThread', 'int', $processHandle, 'int', 0, 'int', 0, 'int', $functionAddress[0], 'ptr', 0, 'int', 0, 'int', 0)
        ;Wait for the remote thread to finish
    DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'WaitForSingleObject', 'int', $hRemoteThread[0], 'int', 0xFFFFFFFF)
        ;Close the handle to the previously created remote thread
    DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'CloseHandle', 'int', $hRemoteThread[0])
        ;Free the previously allocated memory
    DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'ptr', 'VirtualFreeEx', 'hwnd', $processHandle, 'int', $functionAddress[0], 'int', 0, 'int', 0x8000)
EndFunc
Edited by jasty