Why doesn't Tidy, tidy source files that are included in the main file?

Well the source for Tidy is right there in your AutoIt folder, had you attempted with any varying success on doing it yourself? (Just a question, Not to be made to sound rude or off the beaten path).

No, I didn't even look. I am actually surprized the source is distributed.

Not totally correct ...

It just determines the seach order, but when using #include<> you could still refer to a users own include library.

But even if we would find logic to determine this, i will not make the change to the Tidy program for the reason I defined in the first paragraph of my previous post......

:lmao:

Is the search order an undocumented feature? Thats not what I read from the help file:

If "..." is used, the filename is taken to be relative to the current script.

If <...> is used the filename is taken to be relative to include library directory (usually C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include). The include library contains many pre-written user-functions for you to use!

Of course a user could put their scripts in the include directory, but I wouldn't incase they were deleted when AutoIt is uninstalled.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

I would prefer if we would make a change so that #Include<..> would search:

- "AutoIt3 program directory"\include for the standard includes. (This facilitates to have a seperate set of includes for Production and Beta)

- possible added directories for users own include directory. (via a registry entry ?) Think this was proposed by Valik before)

- Then looks in the Script Directory.

#include".." would go in reverse order..

Proposed my ass. I implemented it over a year ago. Maybe two years.

Create a string named "Include" in the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt". It's a semi-colon delimited list of directories that are searched. This location may be moved to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" in the future but there are no plans to do that at this time.

The search order for #include <> is:

• The $(InstallDir)\Include (Read from the registry, if not, a stupid directory is searched and will eventually be changed).
  • User-specified directories (The key I mention above)
  • The script directory.
The search order is the inverse of that when using #include "".

• Developers

Is the search order an undocumented feature? Thats not what I read from the help file:

Of course a user could put their scripts in the include directory, but I wouldn't incase they were deleted when AutoIt is uninstalled.

I believe relative in this case means:

#include<test\array.au3> = AutoIt3Dir\include\test\array.au3

#include"test\array.au3" = @Scriptdir\test\array.au3

Currently it works in way that #include<array.au3> will first look in the "Standard Include" directory and ten in the Script directory and #include"array.au3" the other way arround...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Proposed my ass. I implemented it over a year ago. Maybe two years.

Create a string named "Include" in the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt". It's a semi-colon delimited list of directories that are searched. This location may be moved to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" in the future but there are no plans to do that at this time.

The search order for #include <> is:

• The $(InstallDir)\Include (Read from the registry, if not, a stupid directory is searched and will eventually be changed).

• User-specified directories (The key I mention above)

• The script directory.
The search order is the inverse of that when using #include "".

ahhh you forgot to update the docs ..... :lmao:

Seriously, i thought i saw that a while ago but wasn't sure and could find anything on it when doing a quick search.

It still leave the other wish to have a seperation between the Production and Beta Include directories....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

>>I have the impression you are not agreeing with any of the arguments made ... correct ?

I am not disagreeing with them.

I just think it's more convenient to have a mechanism to tidy an entire project with one click or Ctrl-T.

With 3 files, it's not that much of a problem yet, but I envision that it will grow.

So for larger projects, it's just plain inconvenient to have to tidy each one separately.

Just a thought.

@cappy2112,

Yes that is correct, i have read what your ideas are and given you the arguments why things work the way they do currently.

I have no issue with people having another opinion since we live in a free world, but what i don't understand is how your idea is ever going to work correctly and fast enough.

I am always open to be proven wrong .......

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.