GUI getmsg/onevent?

Faleira

I'm currently working on a script that i want so that the GUI is sort of like a 'remote control' type thing. Where, you open the GUI, and hit a button and a scrip runs. But while it runs, i can constantly just change the variables in the script being run whenever i want, by bringing up the GUI and then 'updating' the variables. My main question is just; would it be better to use getmsg or onevent for such a task?

[quote]If whenever you feel small, useless, offended, depressed, and just generally upset always remember......you were once the fastest and most vicious sperm out of hundreds of millions![/quote]

no, the script i'm making, will constantly be updating the variables as the othero ne runs. I don't want to have it constantly do inireads... >.>

[quote]If whenever you feel small, useless, offended, depressed, and just generally upset always remember......you were once the fastest and most vicious sperm out of hundreds of millions![/quote]

no, the script i'm making, will constantly be updating the variables as the othero ne runs. I don't want to have it constantly do inireads... >.>

I have found that if you have lots of statements in your getmsg loop then sometimes it misses a click or is slow to react. In this case I use onevent.

• Moderators

I have found that if you have lots of statements in your getmsg loop then sometimes it misses a click or is slow to react. In this case I use onevent.

Probably an issue with a Sleep() you have in there (Probably to long but you feel necessary to keep the cpu healthy)... and or Not using proper Select/Case but rather a bunch of If 1 = 1 Then GoToFunc() rather than If/ElseIf... Just things I've personally seen and know to be a cause of that issue.

Edit:

It's a Hooked on Ebonics day for me, I can already tell!

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Probably an issue with a Sleep() you have in there (Probably to long but you feel necessary to keep the cpu healthy)... and or Not using proper Select/Case but rather a bunch of If 1 = 1 Then GoToFunc() rather than If/ElseIf... Just things I've personally seen and know to be a cause of that issue.

Edit:

It's a Hooked on Ebonics day for me, I can already tell!

Nope no sleep, I just found that the on event was more reliable