"WinActivate" works but "Send" doesn't. - (Locked)

I'm trying to send keys to a game trainer (Vice City Definitive Edition) to save having to setup the trainer every time.

The below script does activate the trainer window, but sending {NUMPAD1} doesn't work.

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <TrayConstants.au3>
#include <TabConstants.au3>

WinWait ("Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - The Definitive Edition v1.0 Plus 31 Trainer")
WinActivate ("Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - The Definitive Edition v1.0 Plus 31 Trainer")
Sleep(2000)

Send ("NUMPAD1")

That is the full script.

I tried compiling and ticking "Run as Administrator" to the compiled exe, to no avail.

The reason I went to AutoIt3 is because trying this in AutoIt2 also wasn't sending keys, but it was also able to activate the window like in AutoIt3.

I tried to do "LeftClick" in AutoIt2 and that didn't work. I have not tried that in AutoIt3 because I'm not sure how and I am assuming it won't work.

I have UAC turned all the way down (Never Notify) in Windows 10 x64.

Since UAC is off and I am running the compiled script as Administrator, I am totally stuck with this one.

• Developers

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm trying to send keys to a window.

The below script does activate the window, but sending {NUMPAD1} doesn't work.

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <TrayConstants.au3>
#include <TabConstants.au3>

WinWait ("Window Title")
WinActivate ("Window Title")
Sleep(2000)

Send ("NUMPAD1")

That is the full script.

I tried compiling and ticking "Run as Administrator" to the compiled exe, to no avail.

The reason I went to AutoIt3 is because trying this in AutoIt2 also wasn't sending keys, but it was also able to activate the window like in AutoIt3.

I tried to do "LeftClick" in AutoIt2 and that didn't work. I have not tried that in AutoIt3 because I'm not sure how and I am assuming it won't work.

I have UAC turned all the way down (Never Notify) in Windows 10 x64.

Since UAC is off and I am running the compiled script as Administrator, I am totally stuck with this one.

• Developers

Did you see your previous post appear again or read the reply via email? 

*Merged* under the assumption our communications crossed somewhere.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)