GuiBuilderPlus [updated March 24, 2024]

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, It's been a while since there's been an update here...

Today I still use the good old Koda on a daily basis...

Anyone who is using this one in practice, can you tell me if it's a good and stable replacement for Koda ?

Thanks, Jose

• 3 weeks later...

@HighlanderSword

Yes I am still trying to make updates for this. I started working on undo/redo functionality but ran into a roadblock, and life and work keep getting in the way.

@joseLB

I would say Koda is more fully featured and more stable at this point. Once you get used to some quirks, it is very good.
In my opinion, GuiBuilderPlus is perfect for when you want to quickly whip up a GUI or mockup for a simple app. With a few more features coming (like undo/redo), I think it will be much more useful.

Edited by kurtykurtyboy

• kurtykurtyboy changed the title to GuiBuilderPlus [updated Apr 3, 2023]

Neat feature alert! Check the first post for the latest update v1.0.0-beta5. You can now add code/events to buttons, labels, etc.. by using the right-click context menu or double-clicking on the control. This works for both Msg mode as well as OnEvent mode. The extra code is added dynamically only for those controls who have event code assigned, so you won't have tons of extra and unneeded bloat in the generated code.

• ADDED:    Add events to controls (right-click menu or double click)
  • ADDED:    Add options to code preview window for convenience
  • FIXED:    Could not 'undo' drawing of new control

Example of a MsgBox assigned to $Button_1 in Msg mode:

image.png.979b75e7db8083af8f95b1773edd4039.png

And here is the generated code for OnEvent mode:

image.png.9e5119af5a1136f21a9ca74ca5690e90.png

I'm thinking about possibly adding a default code input, such as ConsoleWrite("Event: Button_1" & @CRLF) since most people would be using this for prototyping and not full-on coding.

Edited by kurtykurtyboy

For anyone who follows this project:

Would it be useful (or worth my time) to generate a help file for this app?

Does anyone have a suggestion for an easy way to create help files? That is new for me.

Edit: I think I found a decent solution using Microsoft HTML Help Workshop

Edited by kurtykurtyboy

• 2 weeks later...

@KoolDJMic

Once you add the menu, you can edit the label using the Text property. To add items to the menu, you'll have to make sure the object explorer is showing (you can show it via the View menu). Right click the menu in the object list to add menu items. To add additional main menus, just select the menu button again and click on the gui like you did the first time.

Edited by kurtykurtyboy

4 hours ago, winkot said:

Is it problem of Autoit or GuiBuilderPlus?

I suspect this is an AutoIt problem. You may want to take a look at the following UDF (also created by @kurtykurtyboy :)) : guiflatbutton-udf

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Yes, it is an AutoIt issue. The help file has the note: "Button controls are always painted in "Windows Classic style". They cannot have the $BS_ICON style." So when you apply a background or text color change to a button, the button no longer looks like a standard Windows button and it behaves slightly differently. For instance, it will 'steal' the Enter key and activate the button whenever you press Enter.

Here are a few discussions on it, if you are curious - but no real explanations.
Changing button colors on click
How to change the back color of button...
GUICtrlSetBkColor() causes button to catch enter key

On 4/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, Musashi said:

You may want to take a look at the following UDF (also created by @kurtykurtyboy :)) : guiflatbutton-udf

Ah yes, my most over-engineered solution to a borderline non-issue! 😂 (although I do use this quite often)

GuiBuilderPlus does not have the ability to change the font. I do it manually. For example, I use the Calibri font. But when I import the code into GuiBuilderPlus, my font settings are gone. I would like that what I installed manually remained untouched. Is it realy?

2 hours ago, kurtykurtyboy said:

The help file has the note: "Button controls are always painted in "Windows Classic style". They cannot have the $BS_ICON style."

where is this, i would like to read it.

in my own help, in the GUICtrlCreateButton function, it says
A Button control can display an icon or image by using the $BS_ICON or $BS_BITMAP style.

and, in the GUICtrlSetImage function, there is also an example

what am I missing?

I know that I know nothing

• kurtykurtyboy changed the title to GuiBuilderPlus [updated March 24, 2024]