Go to solution Solved by Danp2,

15 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Maybe this? Try adding the following to the existing code --

$("#selected-items").sortable("refreshPositions");

That didn't work.. but I am playing with the _WD_ElementAction or _WD_ElementActionEx to see if maybe a click, double-click, or brief clickandhold will trick it into updating. 

Edited by ThomasBennett
Spelling

6 hours ago, Danp2 said:

You should try examining the code that runs when you initiate the save process. You need to figure out how to make this work manually. Once you've done that, then you can automate it.

@Danp2, so I did exactly that for a few hours and it hit me.. what happens if I add another lesson and then remove it from the list? Well guess what adding another lesson and removing it triggers the jQuery save. I then save the page and review the changes and the new lesson is exactly where it needs to be. No, I didn't figure out how to trigger the jQuery save through AutoIt; but did figure out how to work within the rules to trigger the same event using existing code. Hopefully ya'll don't think less of me for this shortcut. 

Thank you for all of your knowledge, experience, and words of encouragement during this process. Now on to finishing the script; very excited and happy I decided to start on the hardest part first. 

Thomas