Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FastFrank

Locating a file

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Newbie here, I just found out about Autoit and I'm really excited to see how much easier this will make my life. I'd like to know how I can locate a file on the computer where the script is running. Basically there is a file named xyz.dat on the computer and I need to copy the file abc.dat right in the same folder. So basically I want to find out the path to xyz.dat. I didn't see any Filefind function or anything.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Frank

Hi guys,

Newbie here, I just found out about Autoit and I'm really excited to see how much easier this will make my life. I'd like to know how I can locate a file on the computer where the script is running. Basically there is a file named xyz.dat on the computer and I need to copy the file abc.dat right in the same folder. So basically I want to find out the path to xyz.dat. I didn't see any Filefind function or anything.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Frank

Frank,

Crack open the help file and look up FileFindFirstFile and FileMove

Good luck!

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

Yeah I saw those functions, i wasn,t sure what they were doing exactly. The help file is kinda slim on these two. I guess I'll try to use them and see what comes up.

But if anyone as a user-made function that's more newbie friendly I'd like to see it.

thanks

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

This would probably do it or you could modify it to do it, you'll need the beta version of AutoIT

Search ("C:")

Func Search($current)

Local $search = FileFindFirstFile($current & "\*.*")
    While 1
        Dim $file = FileFindNextFile($search)
        If @error Or StringLen($file) < 1 Then ExitLoop
        If Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($current & "\" & $file), "D") And ($file <> "." Or $file <> "..") Then

If  $file = "xyz.dat" then MsgBox (0,"Path to file is ", $current & "\")

EndIf
        If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($current & "\" & $file), "D") And ($file <> "." Or $file <> "..") Then
            Search($current & "\" & $file)

EndIf
    WEnd
    FileClose($search)

EndFunc
Edited by ChrisL