If Condition with Eval(String) not working

marko001

Hi all.

I have a 2^8 conditions to check in order to sharpen result.

TO "simplify it I used this method:

First I created a function that, based on which checkbox is select returns the "IF" string

Func _GenerateConditions($mode)
    Local $condition = "Number($array_assets[$n][14]) = 1"
    If $mode = 1 Then ; long
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_Ichi) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][4]) >= Number($long_greenred) AND Number($array_assets[$n][5]) > Number($long_TKvsKJ)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_MACD) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][6]) = Number($long_MACD) AND Number($array_assets[$n][7]) = Number($long_Histo)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_RSI) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][11]) >= Number($RSI)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_MA) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][8]) = Number($MA)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_EMA) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][9]) = Number($EMA)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_Mom) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][10]) = Number($Momentum)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_Cross) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][13]) = Number($Crossover)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_BB) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][12]) = Number($BollingerBands)"
    Else ; short
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_Ichi) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][4]) <= Number($short_greenred) AND Number($array_assets[$n][5]) < Number($short_TKvsKJ)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_MACD) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][6]) = Number($short_MACD) AND Number($array_assets[$n][7]) = Number($short_Histo)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_RSI) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][7]) >= Number($short_RSI)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_MA) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][8]) = Number($short_MA)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_EMA) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][9]) = Number($short_EMA)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_Mom) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][10]) = Number($short_Mom)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_Cross) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][13]) = Number($short_Crossover)"
        If GUICtrlRead($CB_A_BB) = $GUI_CHECKED Then $condition &= " AND Number($array_assets[$n][12]) = Number($short_Bollinger)"
    EndIf
    Return $condition
EndFunc

Then I call it in my loop:

$sConditions = _GenerateConditions($iTradeWallet)
    __CW($sConditions)
    For $n = 0 To UBound($array_assets) - 1
        If Eval($sConditions) Then
            _send($array_assets[$n][3] & " good to be added!", $green)
            _ArrayAdd($aRemoteAssets, $array_assets[$n][3])
        EndIf
    Next

when I write to console $conditions it properly shows the condition itself but using EVAL() seems not passing it to IF cycle so I never can enter the IF

Just to clarify: $array_asset is a 2D array containing:

; x,0 = id
    ; x,1 = Exchange
    ; x,2 = Currency
    ; x,3 = Asset
    ; x,4 = GreenRedStreaks
    ; x,5 = TKRatio
    ; x,6 = MACDTrend
    ; x,7 = HistoTren
    ; x,8 = MA
    ; x,9 = EMA
    ; x,10 = Mom
    ; x,11 = RSI
    ; x,12 = Bollinger
    ; x,13 = Crossover
    ; x,14 = Volume
    ; x,15 = MarginEnabled
    ; x,16 = LastUpdate

Any suggestion to avoid a 2^8 If...then

Marco

I think that Eval is not what you want, from the helpfileReturn the value of the variable defined by a string. You are not passing a variable to Eval, so it fails with 0, and your If check fails 

I think what you want is Execute:  https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Execute.htm

Give Execute a read and try, and see if that works.

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.