Doubts with CMD commands (Run)

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

Could you please guide me why it's wrong in my Run, below?

The command works normally in CMD, but I am not able to transport it to AutoIt.

What I wanted is just to get the result to throw each comma from the CSV into a different variable.

But I'm still stuck on the CMD.

The command is = wmic /node:127.0.0.1 ComputerSystem get DNSHostName, ChassisSKUNumber, Domain, Manufacturer, Model, UserName /format:csv | find /v "Name"

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WINAPI.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

$iPID = Run('wmic /node:127.0.0.1 ComputerSystem get DNSHostName, ChassisSKUNumber, Domain, Manufacturer, Model, UserName /format:csv | find /v "Name"', "", @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

ProcessWaitClose($iPID)
$sOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPID), $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING)

MsgBox(0,0,$sOutput,0)

• Developers
  • Solution

probably only adding  @COMSPEC /c will do it. (untested)

$iPID = Run(@comspec & ' /c wmic /node:127.0.0.1 ComputerSystem get DNSHostName, ChassisSKUNumber, Domain, Manufacturer, Model, UserName /format:csv | find /v "Name"', "", @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

You are showing a command you would normally run from the windows command prompt, which is what the added part does.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos Thanks!

Thanks.
Follow for knowledge the code I'm doing.

As it is, it worked.

But I want it to read from the variable "$sOutputComputerSystem" , without the need to write it in a TXT.

Practicing and studying.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

$iPIDComputerSystem = Run(@comspec & ' /c wmic /node:127.0.0.1 ComputerSystem get DNSHostName, ChassisSKUNumber, Domain, Manufacturer, Model, UserName /format:csv | find /v "Name"', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

ProcessWaitClose($iPIDComputerSystem)
$sOutputComputerSystem = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDComputerSystem), $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING)

MsgBox(0,0,$sOutputComputerSystem,0)

FileWrite("C:\test\a.txt",$sOutputComputerSystem)

Global $2dArray

_FileReadToArray("C:\test\a.txt", $2dArray,$FRTA_NOCOUNT,",")

_ArrayDisplay($2dArray)

For $i =1 To UBound($2dArray) -1
    MsgBox(0, '', _
    $2dArray[$i][0])
Next

FileDelete("C:\test\a.txt")

• Developers

Just do a stringsplit() to convert the result output into an array and use the new line character as delimiter.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It's more easy!

Thanks so much!

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

Global $2dArray

$iPIDComputerSystem = Run(@comspec & ' /c wmic /node:127.0.0.1 ComputerSystem get DNSHostName, ChassisSKUNumber, Domain, Manufacturer, Model, UserName /format:csv | find /v "Name"', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

ProcessWaitClose($iPIDComputerSystem)
$sOutputComputerSystem = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDComputerSystem), $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING)

ReadComputerSystem()

Func ReadComputerSystem()
        Local $sOutputComputerSystemR = StringSplit($sOutputComputerSystem, ",")
              For $i = 1 To $sOutputComputerSystemR[0]
                MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $i & " " & $sOutputComputerSystemR[$i])

Next
EndFunc