Compile from command line - no /language switch?

Go to solution Solved by abberration,

Hi, everyone!

I am able to compile from command line and got everything to work except specifying the language. I understand the wrapper uses a 4 digit number for the languages and tried that. However, nothing worked and I do not think there is a switch for specifying the language at all. Is this correct?

I also tried writing wrappers to the header and they compile fine if I do so manually, but compiling from command line ignores the wrappers. Is there any way to compile from command line and use the wrappers?

I also noticed that "compile with options" does not use Aut2exe, rather it uses AutoIt3.exe (or at least this disappears in task manager when I close the window). Could I possibly pass arguments to it compile? I tried some things, but just get errors.

Any insight into this would be appreciated. Thanks!

ctrl + F7 in the tab Resource Update

edit:
look at  @OSLang  on your help file, for Country code
put on top of your script  #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1033  for English

Default AutoIt3Wrapper options can be set in AutoIt3Wrapper.ini which is stored in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper folder for the Installer version and ...\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper folder for the portable version.  There is an example ini file in the folder to serve as a template:

' This INI sets the Defaults for AutoIt3Wrapper which can be overridden by the Compiler Directives
' Use 1/y for Yes and 0/n for No on options like Run_AU3Check
' See documentation for an explanation on purpose of the fields and their values

Edited by ioa747

I know that I know nothing

2 hours ago, abberration said:

I understand the wrapper uses a 4 digit number for the languages and tried that. However, nothing worked and I do not think there is a switch for specifying the language at all. Is this correct?

I also tried writing wrappers to the header and they compile fine if I do so manually, but compiling from command line ignores the wrappers. Is there any way to compile from command line and use the wrappers?

I also noticed that "compile with options" does not use Aut2exe, rather it uses AutoIt3.exe (or at least this disappears in task manager when I close the window). Could I possibly pass arguments to it compile? I tried some things, but just get errors.

Any insight into this would be appreciated. Thanks!

> I also noticed that "compile with options" does not use Aut2exe, rather it uses AutoIt3.exe
With AutoIt3.exe it calls AutoIt3Wrapper.au3, so try adding the column "Command line" to the task manager to see that. Or open the registry and read the entry for the option.

AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 does some fancy stuff. Read it, study it, and write/rewrite anything you feel you need to the wrapper.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png