Select non-contiguous text in rich edit control

• Moderators

How about an example or screenshot of the control, or the text you're after? Help us help you ;) 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

What i want is select a part of text in the editor and additional a part in this editor, which is not contiguous with the first part.

It's like selecting files in windows explorer, where you can select any files and not only files which are displayed beside other files.

Hope you can understand, what i mean.

What I need is not possible in notepad or word, but I want be able to do this in rich-edit, if possible.
Just a kind of modifying the manner of selecting parts of text.

Cheers mike

• Moderators

And as I said, an example of what this text would be will help greatly. There are numerous ways to skin the proverbial cat, but giving you suggestions on an approach is going to be much easier with an example string to build from.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

well I tried to explain, but you seem not to understand (cause my bad english perhaps)

try again:

select from text in edit control Line 2 and line 7.

or

select from your post "And as I said" and "easier with an example"

Do you understand now?

cheers mike

He wants to have multiple selections in an Edit field.

Scite has this ability by holding the ctrl/strg key down and selecting different text.

edit: What you could do is to use the scite edit field instead of the normal one.  Looks like the SciteIt.au3 is not able to do it.

Edited by Dan_555

Some of my script sourcecode

• Moderators

Perhaps I did misunderstand. My thought was, since (as was already pointed out) you would have a hard time selecting multiple sub-strings in the edit element itself, to instead copy the entire string out, modify it to suit your needs, and then do whatever you need with it (paste back into the element, use it elsewhere in your script, etc.). That is why I was thinking the string syntax would be helpful.