Knowledge of C++ language is necessary

In this topic, I discuss the requirement for knowledge of the C++ language and by those who practice writing scripts and on various programming languages such as Autoit, BASIC, or other languages. Why should a programmer have knowledge, even if it is simple, of C++, because references to Windows functions Written in C++ on the MSDN website... Most of the basic references are written in C++, and most of the programming examples are written on the MSDN website in C++... Likewise, I encountered here in the Autoit forum those who denounce A topic I raised in the forum has to do with the C++ language. The C++ language can be discussed and raised here, to some extent, and in all programming forums, because it is the basic Windows reference language... Other than that, there are general topics in Windows system programming that can be raised here in the Autoit forum. Or in other Windows programming forums... For example, the false reports of protection programs about executable files and the various integrated development environments that work on the Windows system... Thank you... Greetings.

صرح السماء كان هنا

It's not, really... what's necessary is the knowledge of C as it is the de-facto cross-platform language which is spoken by all other languages for external integration.

By the way, it was an interesting experience reading English written right to left :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

1 hour ago, TheDcoder said:

It's not, really... what's necessary is the knowledge of C as it is the de-facto cross-platform language which is spoken by all other languages for external integration.

By the way, it was an interesting experience reading English written right to left :)

I'm not sure you understand what I'm posting in this post... but I'll repeat what I wrote... Winapis references are written in C++ Here's what you need to know about C++ in order to use Winapis functions in various languages The software that works on the Windows system... There are also various examples of Winapis functions as well as it is formulated on the C++ language. Other than that, the class is formulated on the MSDN website and its methods are done using the C++ language. A Windows application designer must have Knowledge, even if it is simple, in the C++ language... Thank you.

صرح السماء كان هنا

The question is: what makes an executable to be declared as a "virus" by these anti-virus entities and the answer is, reputation mostly.
Writing malicious code is easy. Detecting it is a tedious endeavor.
So fame it is. You're famously good, you're ok, you're unknown, hmmm, you are a virus. So it's simple. And quite unrelated to coding language.

Plus, where's the money !. Simon says Money says: do as this model and I'll favor you. So no, is not an honest game but is what ended up been.

I guess nowadays the good option for reputation is usage. The more is used the more is accepted. ( and that is the way I see it ) 

PS: oops, I was in the trend of thought of another thread when I wrote this.

Edited by argumentum
oops

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

13 minutes ago, wolf9228 said:

I'm not sure you understand

Well I'm not sure if *you* understand :P

Sure, the examples in Microsoft's documentation might be using C++, but the API itself is written in C. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to write C programs in Windows, could you?

Also most of the time in my experience the C++ in MS's reference is just C anyway.

I understand C very well but I don't know a lick of C++, however I am still able to use Windows API and it's reference.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

14 minutes ago, argumentum said:

The question is: what makes an executable to be declared as a "virus" by these anti-virus entities and the answer is, reputation mostly.
Writing malicious code is easy. Detecting it is a tedious endeavor.
So fame it is. You're famously good, you're ok, you're unknown, hmmm, you are a virus. So it's simple. And quite unrelated to coding language.

Plus, where's the money !. Simon says Money says: do as this model and I'll favor you. So no, is not an honest game but is what ended up been.

I guess nowadays the good option for reputation is usage. The more is used the more is accepted. ( and that is the way I see it ) 

I liked this response very much... There are protection programs... that report false reports... but these reports are acceptable... as the standards of protection programs are moderate and acceptable, and some other protection programs we can describe as stupid and without artificial intelligence Not at all... Thank you... I'm translating on Google, if there are any mistakes, sorry... Greetings.

صرح السماء كان هنا

You have a problem in understanding programming languages but this is not the main problem here. There are forums for C/C++ and whatever programming language do you want where you can ask questions but this is a forum for AutoIt. Even so there is a sub-section where people can ask language specific questions. I still don't get your problem regarding AV false positive reports or what is so hard to understand how it works. Jos mentioned in your original thread that such topics are dead,sSo probably this topic will be locked also.

When the words fail... music speaks.

21 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

Well I'm not sure if *you* understand :P

Sure, the examples in Microsoft's documentation might be using C++, but the API itself is written in C. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to write C programs in Windows, could you?

Also most of the time in my experience the C++ in MS's reference is just C anyway.

I understand C very well but I don't know a lick of C++, however I am still able to use Windows API and it's reference.

I understand what you mean... The C++ language is an addition to the C language. There is something added to the C language by programmers in order to come up with a new language called C++. If you understand C, I think that with a little effort, you can work on the language. C++... Thanks.🙂

صرح السماء كان هنا

20 minutes ago, Andreik said:

You have a problem in understanding programming languages but this is not the main problem here. There are forums for C/C++ and whatever programming language do you want where you can ask questions but this is a forum for AutoIt. Even so there is a sub-section where people can ask language specific questions. I still don't get your problem regarding AV false positive reports or what is so hard to understand how it works. Jos mentioned in your original thread that such topics are dead,sSo probably this topic will be locked also.

Now I am communicating with you on a Mac, otherwise I would have introduced algorithms for Windows... It's okay, I will explain to you without algorithms... Download the integrated development environment for Windows, which is visual studio 2022, create a Win32 app without any change to the default algorithms in the application After that, build an executable file... After that, check the executable file on the virustotal website of Google. Look at the results. You will find results stating that the executable file is a spy file. Isn't this report a stupid report... Thank you.

صرح السماء كان هنا

21 minutes ago, wolf9228 said:

The C++ language is an addition to the C language.

It is not, it is a different language created by someone who is not affiliated to C, it would be wrong to say that it's just an addition.

C++ does copy lots of it syntax, functions and behaviour from C but it is a different language and should be treated as such.

Imagine if I create a new language tomorrow with same syntax as AutoIt, would you call it an addition to AutoIt? :lol:

(P.S. I am actually creating that new language, see the link in my signature)

I don't have any idea what are you calling default algorithms. Anyway, even if some no name AV software would indicate a false positive what is your final goal? If you are looking just for approval, I'll make you happy, some AV software are dumb and report false positives.

When the words fail... music speaks.

1 hour ago, TheDcoder said:

It is not, it is a different language created by someone who is not affiliated to C, it would be wrong to say that it's just an addition.

C++ does copy lots of it syntax, functions and behaviour from C but it is a different language and should be treated as such.

Imagine if I create a new language tomorrow with same syntax as AutoIt, would you call it an addition to AutoIt? :lol:

(P.S. I am actually creating that new language, see the link in my signature)

I think C++ is a language of importance and value among programming languages... I do not disagree with you on that... Anyway, I also had the idea of doing a programming language compiler. I think the most difficult link in creating a programming language is processing algorithms and checking for errors through them.. In my opinion, this process... is very complex.. requires focus.... long continuous work... and performance in formulating the code... accurate and advanced.

صرح السماء كان هنا

1 hour ago, Andreik said:

I don't have any idea what are you calling default algorithms. Anyway, even if some no name AV software would indicate a false positive what is your final goal? If you are looking just for approval, I'll make you happy, some AV software are dumb and report false positives.

صرح السماء كان هنا

1 hour ago, Andreik said:

Note that there is a Win32 application project, after the project is created, there will be an output code... This code... is the default code... Thanks.

Edited by wolf9228

صرح السماء كان هنا

Goodness !, ... different languages, cultures and thought patterns !.

All he is saying, ( not very well in English I must say ), is that even a default "Hello world" ( in C, C++, AutoIt, MyOwnLanguage ), gets a "no go" from the virus detectors. That's that in regards to viruses.

The C++ is in regards to structs, pointers and DLL handling. And that is that in regards to the "C++" thing.

Good chat :gathering:

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

9 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

Ahem! The very first versions of C++ were just a C pre-processor !

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)