function tooltip

Jotos

or, by putting the functions that interest you in a proper UDF with Func headers,  
and giving the UDF  to CallTip Manager, by pressing ctrl + 1, in the tab, other tools, and pressing, Run User CallTip Manager.

I know that I know nothing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 9/7/2023 at 3:55 AM, jaberwacky said:

See if this is what you were wanting ...

I tried it, but don't get any result 😕 Like it's not working for me.. 

Spoiler

image.png.a72538f3b5836a879aa45eeb9d947662.png

Here are my settings:

The Startup.lua:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fd5a9d0c74ad9c5e738980621c812301.png

The folder:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6336194c435998f4c367a0255e0e0185.png

Edited by Jotos

There's instructions for what I think you want, in the Scite help file, under "User CallTip Manager" as ioa747 said, also found here

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Whether or not you need full Scite or not, I'm not sure.

The au3.user.calltips.api file is in %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE folder, if you have one, if not, then as ioa747 said, you'll need the full Scite install. But the above tutorial using the manager will be far easier to use I think.

If you only want a call tip showing the syntax, the new Beta Scite by @Jos found here (

has dynamic call tips that are auto created. Pretty handy.

dynamic_complete4.png

Edited by donnyh13

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."