Sqlite Security Encryption Extension

Ervan

I have a database that was encrypted with official sqlite SEE. I know its password and can open it with Sqlite Manager with builtin sqlite SEE. But I need to open it with autoit. My compiled sqlite3.dll has no SEE cos of $2000 license. So maybe anybody know the way how can I do it? Maybe extract sqlite SEE dll  or shell from other software?

Please use the (https://sqlite.org/see/forum) for SEE support questions. You can log in there with the credentials supplied to your licensee when he purchased SEE.
If your licensee can't help providing you a SEE-enabled SQLite DLL, and if you still can open the DB with your SEE-enabled SQLite Manager then you can change the password to an empty string. Properly close any connection to the DB before, of course.

Then you can copy the DB file (look for journal files if ever) and you can play with the unencrypted DB using AutoIt. Don't forget to re-encrypt the original DB!
Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I doubt it: every SEE licensee gets a unique activation key cryptographically linked to the licensed version. Using a third-party DLL won't work with the password you have.

Also don't expect to "extract" a DLL from a fully-compiled program: either it uses an external .DLL file (then no extraction needed), or it embeds the SQLite library, which you can't "extract".

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Where did you get a SEE-enabled version of SQLite Manager?  Just curious.

On 9/22/2023 at 9:37 AM, Ervan said:

I know its password and can open it with Sqlite Manager with builtin sqlite SEE. But I need to open it with autoit.

Do you know which SEE encryption algorithm was used to encrypt your DB?

AES-256 in OFB mode
AES-128 in OFB mode
AES-128 in CCM mode
RC4 with security enhancements (legacy only)

If your ultimate question is whether there are free, precompiled, well-maintained sqlite binaries (32/64 bit DLLs & EXEs) that will allow you to work with encrypted SQLite databases in AutoIt, then the answer is yes.  I have multiple AutoIt and non-AutoIt SQLite projects that create and use encrypted databases.  If your question is specific to being able to work with your particular DB, then I guess it depends on which SEE encryption algorithm was used.  The binaries that I use handle multiple algorithms, including the old legacy RC4 algorithm, but they do not handle AES OFB or CCM.  By the way, the legacy RC4 algorithm is the same one that was used by the no-longer-maintained System.Data.SQLite binaries.

Edited by TheXman

Also, from the SQLite website:

A perpetual source code license for the SQLite Encryption Extension (SEE) costs US $2000.00. This is a one-time fee that enables you to ship as many copies of the code as you want as long as each copy is compiled and statically linked with your application.

Hence no DLL allowed.