OCR Text Recognition

Keybanger

Hello. I am a day trader. I've written an Autoit script that interacts with the ThinkOrSwim platform via x and y coordinates to enter share size based on a predetermined risk. It works flawlessly. Awesome!

My next step is to create a program that will monitor my profit in real time as I trade in the stock market each morning. Here's how it should work. When the program sees that my profit is -$400 it will send an audible warning that I have hit my max loss and 10 seconds later it will close my trading windows so I can't place any more trades that day. This will keep me from overtrading.

I need OCR text recognition for this. I am aware of Tesseract but I don't know anything about it or if it can monitor on screen text in real time. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Thanks ioa747. Sorry for the delayed response. I've been using a screenshot software that copies a selected area of the screen via hotkey. I programmed Autoit to run the hotkey every 5 seconds then update a small gui display. It works but isn't always accurate. 

I think I will research the information you provided to see if I can get better results.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. 👍