AutoItSetOption Positoning and Syntax

Good day,

May I ask where this option is to be positioned within a script?

For example, I wish to employ the use of "MustDeclareVars" - which I understand is written as "Opt ("MustDeclareVars", 1)"

The documentation is apparently unclear as to how to proceed.

Thank you for any assistance that one may provide.

The documentation it's very clear. It's like asking where you can use MsgBox() in the code. You can use it when you need it but in your case it would make sense to use it at the beginning of the script.

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

Andreik,

Interesting!

It would appear to me that the Function Reference simply explains the command - yet provides no real world examples - [Link]

With the MsgBox() example cited, the Function Reference does provide examples of usage - [Link]

As a point-of-interest, just because something is clear to you, does not - or at least, should not infer or even suggest, that the same is clear to someone else.

If you suggest that for each function in the help file it should be a statement to tell you where to use it then programming might not be for you. MsgBox() have some examples in help file but it doesn't instruct you when or where to use it. After all it's up to you to decide where you need the function to display a message. The help file it's very clear that AutoItSetOption() function by itself doesn't do anything but changes the operation of various AutoIt functions/parameters so naturally can be used whenever you want a certain behavior for some functions. What do you expect more clear than that?

When the words fail... music speaks.