TaskPin

ioa747

UpDate TaskPinEditor to 0.0.0.7

I added the ability to the executable field to accept icons with drag & drop and adjust them accordingly
if it's a script to open it  with AutoIT,  if it's a shortcut to move it to @ScriptDir & "\lnkBackUp\"  (to clear the desktop

I know that I know nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @ioa747 this is really cool and has a lot of potential.

A couple suggestions:

• In your loop while checking to see if the mouse leaves the GUI, either give a buffer area around the window or put a 500ms delay. Maybe I am just clumsy (using trackpad), but I seem to "miss" my selection every time then the GUI closes itself and I have to try again very carefully.
  • I would suggest in the click event function, first hide the GUI then do the action then exit. Hiding the GUI right away lets me know that I actually clicked it. I am loading folders from SharePoint over VPN, so it takes a few seconds to open the explorer window and I keep questioning whether or not I actually clicked it. Alternatively, you could show a loading cursor instead of hiding the GUI.
  • If someone doesn't change the default text for "<Tip>" then just don't set a tooltip. This is for lazy people like me.
  • In the editor, I've gotten used to changing the text then clicking the blank area to apply it. But this was not intuitive to me. I would prefer to see a "Save" button, so I know for sure that my changes applied. A few times I forgot to click away before closing the window and realized it didn't actually save my change.