Autoit/Python DuckHunt IRC Bot - Beta

coderusa

THIS IS A TEXT BASED IRC CHAT BOT. IT IS NOT A GAME AUTOMATION SCRIPT. THIS GAME DOES NOT INTERACT WITH ANOTHER GAME OR GAME SERVER. THIS SCRIPT IS IT'S OWN GAME BY ITSELF. 

This a working rough draft, very much a beta, but it runs decent. It is what it is. It's not perfect, and has room for expansion and improvement. Configure IRC-VARS.au3, Run from IRC-SCRIPT.au3

I have also written a complete beta in python. The python version is vastly superior to this one as most of the time during this project was put towards the python version to complete the beta. The autoit version is just for fun ;)

Python Version: Neo-Coder-usa/super-duckhunt-beta: Super DuckHunt IRC Bot 1.0 BETA - Python Version (github.com)

Autoit Bot Commands and Info: https://codeusa.000webhostapp.com/duckhunt/duckhunt1-0autoit.htm

Please feel free to play around with this. Bugs in existing code can be reported here.

ReadMe.txt below (download below that)

ReadMe.txt

SUPER DUCKHUNT WinDuck BETA (1.0 C-BETA) CONCEPT (Autoit Version, Win 32Bit)
by Neo_Nemesis (aka coderusa)

MAIN RUN FILE: IRC-SCRIPT.au3

This is a very rough draft of a Autoit DuckHunt IRC Bot. It works but has some issues that need to be worked out.

DuckHunt commands: https://codeusa.000webhostapp.com/duckhunt/duckhunt1-0autoit.htm

Channel OP Commands:
  !topic <topic info here> - changes topic of the channel
  !kick <user>
  !ban <user>
  !unban <user>
  !kickban <user>
MODES
  !op - +o if user is botmaster/access
  !op <username> - +o to another user
  !deop, !voice and !devoice are the same

SCRIPT AND BOT CONFIGURATION
Have all files in same folder, IRC-VARS.au3, IRC-SCRIPT.au3, Frankenstein.au3, IRC-BOT.au3
The script will create a duckhunt.ini file to store player stats

CONFIGURING BOT:
Configuration should be done in IRC-VARS.au3. Input server, port, channels, botname and botmasters. (Make sure you list yourself as the botmaster)
There are other settings in IRC-VARS.au3 that effect various aspects of the game.

RUNNING THE BOT:
Run the script in SciTe (or code editor), running from IRC-SCRIPT.au3

GitHub Download: Neo-Coder-usa/Autoit: Autoit Scripts (github.com)

Or download attached to this post.

Hope you enjoy!

super-duckhunt-autoit-sc.zip

Edited by coderusa

• coderusa changed the title to Autoit DuckHunt IRC Bot - Beta
  • Moderators

coderusa,

You call this script a "bot". Please explain why it does not break the forum rule prohibiting the posting of game bots.

M23

P.S. And just to be absolutely clear - this is the Mod team determining the legality of the thread, so everyone else please keep out.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

6 hours ago, Melba23 said:

coderusa,

You call this script a "bot". Please explain why it does not break the forum rule prohibiting the posting of game bots.

M23

P.S. And just to be absolutely clear - this is the Mod team determining the legality of the thread, so everyone else please keep out.

I didn't know there was a forum rule prohibiting the posting of game bots. That's silly, but if you find it a violation you can remove this post.

I will add, as the rules state this is not a automation script for another game, this is the game itself.

• Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.

This script itself, is the game. It does not interact with other games.

It is an IRC Bot that runs on any specified IRC network, in a specified #channel, where the game consists of text based events produced by the bot and sent to the chat, then users chatters can interact with the bot via text commands.

Here is a screen shot

DHSS.thumb.png.a564debb78abc249ed31af3fae2dc6b7.png

Again, if this is a violation, you may remove this post. I do not think it is, but you are the moderator.

Edited by coderusa

• Developers
18 minutes ago, coderusa said:

I didn't know there was a forum rule prohibiting the posting of game bots. That's silly

Not so silly when you would have been here several years ago, so no need to tell us we are silly when we set rules to eliminate the dead threads thrown at us ! ;) 

18 minutes ago, coderusa said:

This script itself, is the game. It does not interact with other games.

... so that is the answer to the question asked. It is not a Bot that Automates a game but rather a bot that is the game itself, which in not against our rules.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

1 minute ago, Jos said:

Not so silly when you would have been here several years ago, so no need to tell us we are silly when we set rules to eliminate the dead threads thrown at us ! ;) 

... so that is the answer to the question asked. It is not a Bot that Automates a game but rather a bot that is the game itself, which in not against our rules.

In the pretense of it, without the context of the actual rule, 'game bots are prohibited' does sound silly, when you're talking about a text based chat game. Its okay I'm not upset or anything, understanding the full context of it now I can see why a game automation script could be against the rules, and we can all see now that this isn't an automation of another game :)

No problem.

• Developers

Any bot that automates any game is prohibited which are pretty clear forum rules ...   right?

• Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just now, Jos said:

Any bot that automates any game is prohibited which is a pretty clear rule...   right?

In the actual pretense of the rule, it is clear, yes, but what is silly is implying that the rule is against game bots as a whole, leaving out the automation part. 

7 hours ago, Melba23 said:

A game 'bot' does not directly mean automation. A bot can be many things. Especially considering its an 'IRC Bot' should imply that it is a text based chatroom script. 

• Developers

Ok ... argue whatever you want, I am not going to spent any more effort here...
happy new year and simply stick to our rules in 2024. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 minutes ago, Jos said:

Ok ... argue whatever you want, I am not going to spent any more effort here...
happy new year and simply stick to our rules in 2024. ;) 

It's not an argument. There was no violation of the rules. As the author of the script, and being asked by the mods to explain, I am just stating what is right in front us.

Edited by coderusa

• coderusa changed the title to Autoit/Python DuckHunt IRC Bot - Beta