MuPDF embedded

Thank you very much in advance.

In several AUTOIT projects I need to view (ONLY view, without any other option) PDF documents, and I do it using embedded objects ($oPDF = ObjCreate("AcroPDF.PDF.1")

The problem is that Acrobat Reader implements so many unnecessary options that it sometimes presents document loading speed problems and frequent updates of its versions make the general functioning of the projects difficult or even break their execution.

For years I've been intrigued by the MuPDF tool which is really simple, fast and efficient for just viewing the PDF, but I can't embed its object in an Autoit window.

Has anyone managed to do it?

• Developers
50 minutes ago, AMFC_2 said:

but I can't embed its object in an Autoit window.

Has anyone managed to do it?

What do you have so far (show code) and where is the documentation for the COM object if that exists?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to Jos answer: To simple show/print PDFs embedded in your GUI, you need no Reader, no MuPdf, ...  or other special com objects. You can simply use webview to show the pdf in any embedded browser environmental.

br, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran