Compiled script generates error, but uncompiled runs fine

I wrote a script that runs just fine, but if I compile it, it generates this error: Screen-Shot-1712794021.jpg

The code can be seen in full here - AutoGAT++, but I can post the script here if need be. I have troubleshot it down to line 35 of the script.

If the line reads as

Local $idRest = TrayCreateItem("Restart", $idAG)

the script, compiled or not, runs just fine. However, if the line reads as

If Not @Compiled Then Local $idRest = TrayCreateItem("Restart", $idAG)

the compiled script when run will generate that error window.

So I guess I just want to know why it errors if I modify that line with that macro and an If statement, and only the compiled version.

Oh cheese & crackers, I just figured it out and I feel like a dimwit. I guess variables do need to declared before they're used.. Minutes & minutes of my life have been spent making sure this post is formatted correctly so I don't want to erase all this text. At the very least, this post might make one or many chuckle.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

18 minutes ago, argumentum said:

try that ?

The Restart UDF is constantly called if the script is compiled and run. I had no actual need to check if the script is compiled or not, I was just curious. One thing I did try was to also add the If and the macro to the line where that variable is used. I added it to line 61 but I guess an If..Then statement can't be used in order to declare a Case. Thanks though.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.