Midi Example Scripts

Hi folks,

I wanted to keep a degree of seperation between this and the main Midi library, mainly for QA reasons.
So this will be a space for me to throw some up semi-presentable things I've been messing around with.

So far we have:

CC Inspector.
This is useful to figure out what CC controls do what on a device, particularly when documentation is lacking.

Drum Machine.
4 bar drum looper.

The midi UDF can be found here:
https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/208116-midi-udf/

If you rather not use the "installer" script - you'll need to grab the 4 dependancies out of the zip file:

• midi.au3
  • midiConstants.au3
  • midiAPI.au3
  • midiAPIConstants.au3

MidiPlayround_1.1.zip

Edited by MattyD

Hi all,

The first addition here is a drum machine.  Its based on a demo script you'll find in the midiAPI library if it looks familiar.
Admittedly its more of a toy than anything else, but hey, it might help with exploring patches on an instrument I guess!

The current "beat" should light up as it's played - but it can look out of whack in some cases.
Essentially, beat messages are embedded in the midi stream and are processed as midi is sent from the application. Soft synths can take forever to respond to midi messages, hence the discrepancy. 

Also, once playback reaches beat 4 of a bar, the entire subsequent bar is loaded into memory ready for playback. Just useful to know if you're trying to race the playhead!

Anyway, hope someone has a bit of fun with it :)