Simple GUI that can chat with offline AI models in .gguf format - (Moved)

Hi. Created a minimal AutoIt script that allows to chat with such local AI models like this: microsoft/Phi-3-mini-4k-instruct · Hugging Face I used Dllama library that provides useful functions to communicate with offline AI models: tinyBigGAMES/Dllama: Local LLM inference Library (github.com)

Before running the script you need to create folder at this local path: C:\LLM\gguf.

After creating the folder you should place there all required files: AutoIt script file, models.json, Dllama.dll and .gguf model itself that can be downloaded from here: https://huggingface.co/microsoft/Phi-3-mini-4k-instruct-gguf/resolve/main/Phi-3-mini-4k-instruct-q4.gguf?download=true 

Script's code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>

DllCall("User32.dll", "bool", "SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext" , "HWND", "DPI_AWARENESS_CONTEXT" -2)
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) 

Local $hMainGUI = GUICreate("Dllama_AutoIt_GUI", 925, 950)

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "terminate_app")
Local $start_thinking = GUICtrlCreateButton("Think and answer, AI!", 350, 890, 250, 50)
 Local $place_for_question = GUICtrlCreateInput("Type here your question for AI.", 10, 15, 900, 40)
  Local $place_for_answer = GUICtrlCreateEdit("Here AI will type answer for your question", 10, 80, 900, 800, $ES_MULTILINE)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($start_thinking, "get_answer")
GUICtrlSetFont($place_for_question, 14)
GUICtrlSetFont($place_for_answer, 14)
GUICtrlSetFont($start_thinking, 14)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hMainGUI)

While 1
    Sleep(100) 
WEnd

Func get_answer()

Local $question
    $question = GUICtrlRead($place_for_question)
    Local $hDLL = DllOpen("Dllama.dll")
    Local $answer = DllCall($hDLL, "str:cdecl", "Dllama_Simple_Inference", "str", "C:\LLM\gguf\", "str", "models.json", "str", "phi3:4B:Q4", "boolean", False, "uint", 1024, "int", 27, "str", $question)
    GUICtrlSetData($place_for_answer, $answer[0])
    DllClose($hDLL)
EndFunc  

Func terminate_app()
      Exit
EndFunc

Dllama_GUI_AutoIt.au3models.jsonDllama.dll

• Developers
Posted (edited)

Moved to the appropriate AutoIt General Help and Support forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

PS: Welcome to our forums. We understand you are new around here, so tell me why we would be able to trust your attached DLL? 

To my surprise, I was the first one to check on virustotal:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bfe4de94fcd7b27a80f099a7fe504f4f85d22fdc03536c00a637de1ed1a16fac/detection

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Posted (edited)

@Jos I think this is supposed to be some sort of example GUI for a LLM, maybe it fits better in examples section of the forum.

In case anyone wonder why the script it doesn't work, just run it using x64 version, since the dll it's compiled as 64bit library.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y

As for me, I can't think of any place where I can use this anyway because it's very very slow. It takes like 30 seconds to answer to any basic question.

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

Sorry, guys, i was tired and forgot to write about hardware acceleration. If you have gpu that supports vulkan backend, you can get answers from AI much faster. To enable gpu you should change False to True in this script's line:

Local $answer = DllCall($hDLL, "str:cdecl", "Dllama_Simple_Inference", "str", "C:\LLM\gguf\", "str", "models.json", "str", "phi3:4B:Q4", "boolean", False, "uint", 1024, "int", 27, "str", $question)

By the way, please, download the latest dll version from official github repo. It was updated since i posted this thread: https://github.com/tinyBigGAMES/Dllama/blob/main/bin/Dllama.dll Virustotal check can be found here: https://github.com/tinyBigGAMES/Dllama/blob/main/docs/VIRUSTOTAL.txt