Understanding libraries

Hello All,

I have a script that someone wrote we use and no longer functions. I'm trying to understand how the libraries work. I've read a few methods of how they search for a folder and such.

Lets say i'm looking at the script that lists these:

#include <ie.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <String.au3>

Where can I see the library location and learn more about them? I'm trying to add the WebDriver library as well.

Posted (edited)

Since those are built in AutoIt Libraries they are located in the install directory of AuotIt, for me it is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include" , and if you have Scite editor installed, you can click on one of them so that your cursor is blinking in it, and press the button combo Alt+i to open the include, so you can see each of the functions inside, and how they work, but the better bet, perhaps, would be to look at the help file for each function used in the script, which you can easily open by placing your caret in the function name in question, and pressing F1 to open the help file for the function. Or just press F1 and use the built in search.

As for adding Webdriver, you would do something like:

#include "Path to WebDriverUDF\Webdriver udf File.au3"

More info about #Include (also found in the AutoIt help file): https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/keywords/include.htm

Edited by donnyh13

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."