On Screen Drawing/display

etn

I would like to draw shapes/lines/things directly on the users screen, in response to buttons/commands which the user (me) gives to an AutoIt GUI window. Is this possible? I want to overlay the objects I draw on another programs window (a grid), so I can use the visual guide of the grid to work in the main window.

I tried a few things using a transparent GUI window, but couldn't get some things (long thin buttons=lines) to show up with the main window set to transparent.

Is this beyond the scope of AutoIt? I know it's supposedly a just a scripting language, but I see many people writing whole applications in it...so it would save me learning something new since I enjoy using AutoIt already.

Thanks,

Ed

You might like the free program GhostIt. I have used it for the same type of reasons.

"...a ghost window is translucent, meaning you can see through it to whatever is underneath. Secondly, a ghost window will always appear on top of other windows. Thirdly, when a ghost window loses the input focus, it remains translucent and always on top, but all clicks will pass right through it like it wasn't even there."

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• 1 year later...

You might like the free program GhostIt. I have used it for the same type of reasons.

"...a ghost window is translucent, meaning you can see through it to whatever is underneath. Secondly, a ghost window will always appear on top of other windows. Thirdly, when a ghost window loses the input focus, it remains translucent and always on top, but all clicks will pass right through it like it wasn't even there."

This little proggy is pretty sweet. I'll probably use it quite a bit, though I need to think about uses first... :o

“Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.”-Peter F. Drucker