jaberwacky Posted Monday at 11:35 PM Posted Monday at 11:35 PM (edited) For years now I have had an on again and off again project where I want to structure GUIs using AutoItObject. This is my first release where I feel like I should get some feedback because I have made some nice progress! Please do tell me what you think about my approach, what could I do in a different and better way. Be sure to run the example! 😊 GUIObjects.zip downloads: 31 One cool thing is that DPI awareness is baked in! Another is that event handlers are registered for each control! This is no where near complete. I may even scrap this idea and start over again. Edit: Made some more changes Edit: Durrrrrr, forgot to make sure it works. Does now! Edited 7 hours ago by jaberwacky Parsix and WildByDesign 2 Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
WildByDesign Posted Monday at 11:50 PM Posted Monday at 11:50 PM 15 minutes ago, jaberwacky said: One cool thing is that DPI awareness is baked in! Very nice. I'm very curious about this project and I'm still checking it out right now. I just wanted to point out that there is a newer version of _WinAPI_DPI UDF over here that is much more complete that you should be able to swap out. jaberwacky 1
jaberwacky Posted yesterday at 01:18 AM Author Posted yesterday at 01:18 AM Just as I predicted, I did restructure how to register events. Check out the example! Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
jaberwacky Posted yesterday at 01:38 AM Author Posted yesterday at 01:38 AM 1 hour ago, WildByDesign said: Very nice. I'm very curious about this project and I'm still checking it out right now. I just wanted to point out that there is a newer version of _WinAPI_DPI UDF over here that is much more complete that you should be able to swap out. I'll have to look in to how to use it tomorrow. Looks like the script it would need to be compiled every time (?). Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
corz Posted yesterday at 01:41 AM Posted yesterday at 01:41 AM I have no idea what I'm looking at! It may be the alcohol. What is happening here? What is this doing that AutoIt can't already? nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool..
jaberwacky Posted yesterday at 10:22 AM Author Posted yesterday at 10:22 AM (edited) 8 hours ago, corz said: I have no idea what I'm looking at! It may be the alcohol. What is happening here? What is this doing that AutoIt can't already? Good question! 😅 It offers nothing that AutoIt can't already do. I simply have a fascination with the concept and won't be satisfied until I have implemented it. With that being said, if anyone out there has any input then please do share. Edit: I also have a fascination with AutoItObject therefore I try to completely structure all of my scripts with it. I believe that this UDF will allow me to do that eventually. Side note: I'm not a professional programmer, this is just a hobby for me. Edited yesterday at 10:24 AM by jaberwacky Parsix 1 Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
ahmet Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago What about using GUIRegisterMsgEx or GUIRegisterMsg20? It should be possible to add more actions to controls easier. I think there is one more implementation beside _GUIRegisterMsgEx (UDF) - Like native, but for controls but I can not find that now.
jaberwacky Posted 17 hours ago Author Posted 17 hours ago Seems to me that each event handler wouldn't have access to the owning object. Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
Parsix Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago How to change the text Color and background color of a control?
jaberwacky Posted 12 hours ago Author Posted 12 hours ago I haven't implemented it yet ... I'll do it right quick, brb Parsix 1 Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
jaberwacky Posted 12 hours ago Author Posted 12 hours ago (edited) Actually, I did .... $myControl.SetForeColor(... color ...) and $myControl.SetBkColor(... color ...) Note: I plan to change SetBkColor to SetBackColor soon Edited 12 hours ago by jaberwacky Parsix 1 Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
argumentum Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago Just now, jaberwacky said: Note: I plan to change SetBkColor to SetBackColor soon ..I'd leave the "lingo" as previously know as possible because of... memory, yes, memory. I remember the names Am not going to use it but, if you like the reasons 🤔 "My 2 cents." jaberwacky 1 Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ). FAQ - Please Read Before Posting
jaberwacky Posted 12 hours ago Author Posted 12 hours ago You're right, most of us do know it as BkColor don't we? WildByDesign and argumentum 2 Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
jaberwacky Posted 9 hours ago Author Posted 9 hours ago (edited) Latest update! Added ability to register events for the GUI. Changed .SetForeColor to .SetColor() to correspond with the native GUICtrlSetColor(...) Also added .SetBkColor and .SetCursor to the gui (Canvas()) More to come over time! Edited 9 hours ago by jaberwacky argumentum 1 Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
jaberwacky Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago (edited) Actually, another update! I added a ton of functionality and a lot more controls! The example demonstrates two forms at the same time. Edit: Scratch the 2 GUIs idea for now. It doesn't work like I had hoped. Edited 7 hours ago by jaberwacky Helpful Posts and Websites: AutoIt Wiki | Can't find what you're looking for on the Forum? My scripts: Guiscape | Baroque AU3 Code Formatter | MouseHoverCalltips | SciTe Customization GUI | ActiveWindowTrack Toy | Monitor Configuration UDF
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now