Gui Code Added To Unstable

Jon

• Administrators

More changes done on Aut2Exe.

A new checkbox called "Allow Decompilation" toggles access to the pass phrase edit controls.

If you check "allow" then you need the password (or blank) to decompile - same as it is now. But if "allow" is not selected the password edit boxes are grayed out and a 256 character random password is chosen so that you can't use Exe2Aut (because you effectively won't have a clue what the password is).

The option takes effect from the command line too (based on the last setting in the GUI) but if you specify a password on the command line then it is assumed that you want to support decompilation using that password - if no password is given the current GUI defaults are used.

I would alos want a command line option to allow me to say whether the password is required. Hmm,

Aut2Exe mine.au3 /pass

There, that says I want no password, no matter what the GUI setting is.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• Administrators

Well, 99% of people compile via right-click so I wanted to be able to give the same functionality. So if they compile in the GUI and don't select "allow decomp" then when they right click compile the resulting exe won't be able to be decompiled. But if they last selected "allow" in the GUI then the right-click compile the exe will simply have a blank password.

/pass with no password would currently create a decompilable script with a blank password regardless of the GUI setting.

I don't have any problems either way, so enough opinions one way or another gets it changed.

Which is exactly what I want. Good. :D

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

I really love the solution, wish it was my idea though. :huh2:

I think an INI setting, or last compiled would work great. I just like control and ease of use. 99% of my scripts are for myself only, and I really wouldn't even mind setting up a default password, but I can write my own autoit script to do that. :D

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

• Administrators

Which is exactly what I want.  Good. :D

Actually, no I'm talking bollocks. The check is currently for a blank password not for the actual /pass option. So I'll change that.

I might add a /nodecompile option too then we have a full set.