Getting IP Address from remote machines

Looking for ideas on how to retrieve the IP Address, DNS, WINS, and Gateway settings from remote workstations. All are Win2K and XP workstations. Also, I'd like to know if the workstation is using DHCP or is a static assignment.

I ask because AutoIT3 documentation isn't finished and I've only been using AutoIT3 since Monday.

I created an inventory script in VBscript, using WMI, but I have to paste the whole IPconfig/all output into the second text file.

I like to use a text file that contains only the NetBIOS Name of the machines and have the script use a DO...UNTIL construct to step through the textfile. A nested IF...Else construct runs MS's Ping command to test for connectivity and a FOR...NEXT loop fetches the information from the remote machine and writes lines into the second text file.

Had a little trouble with IF NOT $a = $b ...ENDIF but figured out that IF $a <> $b ...ENDIF would work for me.

• Developers

why don't you run IPconfig remotely and save its output. then read the output and filter out the bits you want before writing it to your inventory file?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Some pc's have multiple NIC's and IPadresses ....

When your run "IPconfig /all".. they will be all listed.

@IPAddress1-4 returns the first four adresses of the pc its run on.

I use psexec from sysinternals for running pgms on remote pc's....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)