Is this possible? (Coordinates)

Is it possible to search a window, such as Internet Explorer or some other web browser, for a string, I dont think it being a link would make a differance, and then find that link's x,y coords?

Because the position of this link changes at random times, I'm looking for a way to just find the links coords at the start of the script.

I've been messing around with "GetWinText" and "ControlGetPos" and I don't think they do what I'm looking for....

Is it possible to search a window, for a string, then find that link's x,y coords?

Perhaps if you described what end result you are trying to accomplish via such a method, there might be a different approach to get your desired outcome. Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Perhaps if you described what end result you are trying to accomplish via such a method, there might be a different approach to get your desired outcome.

I'm trying to search a webpage for a specific string, if that string exists, put the string into a variable.

If the above is possible, then would it be possible to simply search the page for any change in text at all, and then if there is, put the text that used to not be there into a variable?

I'm trying to search a webpage for a specific string, if that string exists, put the string into a variable.

If the above is possible, then would it be possible to simply search the page for any change in text at all, and then if there is, put the text that used to not be there into a variable?

what do you have so far???

any script???

have you searched for IE.au3 Library

8)

NEWHeader1.png

what do you have so far???

any script???

have you searched for IE.au3 Library

8)

Yes, I've been using IE.au3 library... it's awesome, only problem is I can't figure out how to "attach" to a website that already exists so that I can use links in it. The only script I have so far are little snibbits using IE.au3, not really worth showing.

Still havent found the stuff about searching for a string, or better yet, a change in string though.

Yes, I've been using IE.au3 library... it's awesome, only problem is I can't figure out how to "attach" to a website that already exists so that I can use links in it. The only script I have so far are little snibbits using IE.au3, not really worth showing.

Still havent found the stuff about searching for a string, or better yet, a change in string though.

Great you are using IE.au3... really take a look at the builder, it will help alot also

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st=0&p=137835

to attach use the function in IE.au3

_IEAttach ($oIE)

8)

NEWHeader1.png

ok... can we make the web sie open from the IE build???

#include <IE.au3>
#Region --- IE-Builder generated code Start ---
Dim $oIE
$sUrl = "www.autoit3.com"

$oIE = _IECreate ()
_IENavigate ($oIE, $sUrl)

( straight from the ie. au3 builder )

8)

Right... but once again that makes a new webpage.... I want to attach a currently opened webpage :/.

Right... but once again that makes a new webpage.... I want to attach a currently opened webpage :/.

if i am correct, the web page must be created as an object

but, i am not sure

so... someone else can maybe answer that, or if we could open it from the code above and work with it... i can help

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

if i am correct, the web page must be created as an object

but, i am not sure

so... someone else can maybe answer that, or if we could open it from the code above and work with it... i can help

8)

Hmm, alright.... Guess I misunderstood what _IEAttach did then. I thought it made a webpage that object.