Can someone make a script for me?

Hedin_jr

Um, unless you are doing this from the local LAN, I don't think you are going to be able to address the router at IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx from across the Internet. :o

Reflashing your firmware that frequently may result in ongoing router problems - flash devices are not designed to be flashed too often.

Why do you need to reboot the router so often to go to the trouble of writing code to do the job - is there some underlying issue that should be addressed instead?

lol, flax is starting to reply more in emoticon storyboard style now. A sign of spending ALOT of time in the forums..

{= D

I guess you could say I was evolving :o into an emoticon machine?

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

Getting flamed and being paranoid was just a joke. :-)

I know that. Just as me going :geek: ninja on some one is rather impossible? What am I going to do use the :o word? I was just happy to see you helping some one. It is hard to start out and this is the best language to start with because it will teach you not only how to program with AutoIT but the over all understanding of programing in general. ;) Once you can get over the concept you are good to go.

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

I know that. Just as me going :geek: ninja on some one is rather impossible? What am I going to do use the :o word? I was just happy to see you helping some one. It is hard to start out and this is the best language to start with because it will teach you not only how to program with AutoIT but the over all understanding of programing in general. ;) Once you can get over the concept you are good to go.

Preach on, Brutha! HALLELUJAH!

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

Um, unless you are doing this from the local LAN, I don't think you are going to be able to address the router at IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx from across the Internet. :o

Reflashing your firmware that frequently may result in ongoing router problems - flash devices are not designed to be flashed too often.

Why do you need to reboot the router so often to go to the trouble of writing code to do the job - is there some underlying issue that should be addressed instead?

It's from a local LAN.

As I wrote in an earlier post it's for my parents.

They live nearby and the router have to be restarted once in a couple of times a week.

The router is in my garage and my parents have to go 50 meters to my garage and

reset it. They are not so good with computers so I want to do this script/ program to automate it for them.

Now I have got the script to work with my own code but I appreceate if anyone could help me to make it work with better code.

I found this:

Do; This loop repeats the code between the Do and Until lines.

Send("{TAB}")

Sleep(50); <<Slows the loop down, change the speed here.

Until WinExists("Sign in to Yahoo", "std_lib")

And I'm going to test it when I have time. It would make my code much nicer....

// Hedin

If it's local, no problems!

I'm still curious why you need to reset the router so often - maybe you should address that too. If it is getting hung, then it probably won't respond to your code anyway.

It's not getting hung...

It's some dns problem. I can access webpages by entering their ip adresses. Skype works.

But it wont work if i type in webadresses. The problem is solved if i restart the router. It dont help

if I "repair" my network connection.

// Hedin

I'd guess at a configuration problem with DNS entries, either at the router or your TCPIP configuration. Worth checking against what your ISP suggests...

Also, your connection may have been hijacked by malware (spyware/viruses/trojans). Run http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip to identify if either your HOST entries have been compromised or there is malware resident.

Edited by Confuzzled

• 1 month later...

Hi Hedin_jr

Has any helped you with this yet, I know its a couple of months past,

email me john_burgess@ntlworld.com and I will try to point you in the right direction>

I am a newbie myself, but i think I can help.

Regards :)

Regards JohnJam

• Moderators

Hi Hedin_jr

Has any helped you with this yet, I know its a couple of months past,

email me john_burgess@ntlworld.com and I will try to point you in the right direction>

I am a newbie myself, but i think I can help.

Regards :mellow:

Hedin_jr: Last Active 18th February 2006 - 06:59 PM :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.