Suddenly compile doesn't update resources - using resourcehacker

leecole

I have many programs in Autoit and have used resourcehacker to assign a version number as well as contact info. Suddenly my version number isn't being updated any longer. Is this because I got the latest current version of AutoIt and the latest beta version also? What must I do to correct this? This is important to me, because I have many users, and when there is a problem, I need to know what version they are running.

Talking Clockhttp://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20751Talking Headlineshttp://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20655Sometimes, I sits and thinkssometimes, I just sits

• Developers

I have many programs in Autoit and have used resourcehacker to assign a version number as well as contact info. Suddenly my version number isn't being updated any longer. Is this because I got the latest current version of AutoIt and the latest beta version also? What must I do to correct this? This is important to me, because I have many users, and when there is a problem, I need to know what version they are running.

Not much to do with the installation of AutoIt3.

The update of the recourses is done with CompileAU3.exe...

How are you compiling ? from SciTE ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I too use resourcehacker to change the file descriptions of my executables. I don't recommend it. I screwed up alot of my exes just by adding commands.

Edited by eynstyne
F@m!ly Guy Fr33k! - Avatar speaks for itself__________________________________________________________________________________________ite quotes... - Is your refrigerator running? If it is, It probably runs like you...very homosexually - Christians don't believe in gravity - Geeze Brian where do you think you are, Payless?- Show me potato Salad!__________________________________________________________________________________________Programs available - Shutdown timer[indent][/indent]

• Developers

I too use resourcehacker to change the file descriptions of my executables. I don't recommend it. I screwed up alot of my exes just by adding commands.

NOT a problem when you use it the way it is done in CompileAU3 !

Use it ALL the time without any problem......

But you should never use ResourceHacker on the script.exe generated by Aut2EXE. That will definitely corrupt it!

:o

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)