Passing Data Between Many Guis

I am working on this new version of AutoBuilder among other things.

I need to use multiple GUIs and pass data among them. However, EnvSet will not work because the variableis only be accessible to programs that AutoIt spawns. I need to pass data both directions.

What is the best way to transfer a few hundred bytes between two GUIs every few hundred milliseconds? ControlGetText? ClipPut? Other?

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Are both GUI's to be visible at the same time? Is it possible to live without both GUI's being visible at the same time? If so, I have a few suggestions, but otherwise, something like a pipe would probably be best, except for the small fact that AutoIt can't open pipes for communication.

Edit: I guess my point was, what exactly are you trying to do. If I had a better idea about that, I might have a better idea how to achieve it.

Edited by Valik

The download link should help give an example--but I might scrap the design entirely. ControlGetText (or ControlCommand) work okay for my needs, but can really consume a lot of CPU time to work efficiently when I have a lot of controls to scan.

And, yes, pipes would be great if they were supported.

Could EnvGet/EnvSet be modified so that any environment variables set by the child app are visible to the parent (thus allowing two-way communication)?

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!