Super Hidden Folder

Endgame

Good day everyone!

I am attempting to create a folder that I would like to hide from most users. I understand that there are things called super-hidden folders in Windows 2000 and later. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the creation of said folders and how this may be done using AutoIt? Thanks for the help.

Looks like they are just files that have the system & hidden attrib turned on, nothing all that special.

Here's some MSDN info:

Super Hidden Files

A new feature we have on Windows 2000 is Super Hidden Files. These are files with both the System and the Hidden attributes. The files are still there but when you are in Windows Explorer, these files are not going to show up. Even if you check Show Hidden Files, you won't see them. There is a new check box on the list of attributes for a folder that will allow the user to see these files that is unchecked by default.

This is not really a compatibility problem for the 32-bit applications. Applications can see these files in the common Open File dialog box, and can open the files without any problem. The command line will still work. If you do a Dir /ASH to see the Super Hidden Files, you will see all the files.

The only compatibility issue here is for 16-bit applications, which may fall into a trap if they make calls through the INT21 on MS-DOS. The INT21 on MS-DOS will only find the hidden service file, if you have actually asked to find hidden files.

Some of the files that you'll find hidden:

MS-DOS system files, such as io.dos and Office Fast Find files.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....2000appcomp.asp